Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: How do you buy your games?
Big box retail (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc) 10 23.81%
Independent retail/Web (EB, Gamestop) 13 30.95%
Other retail or online shops 10 23.81%
I'm a warez wh0re 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-04, 05:08 PM   #25
Riptide

I used to preorder from gamestop. I will no longer do this since it's such a waste of time. The local software etc/gamestop usually has the games just as quick as I'd get them via the website.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 05:18 PM   #26
SlyBoots

Cool same here

Quote:
Originally posted by S.I.N
I only buy from 3 spots.

Amazon.com-Free shippping and they always have a bargain along with almost every game ever made..
ebgames.com/The EB store-Great for trades
gogamer.com-You wont find a cheaper spot on the net.
mostly Amazon though, the savings at gogamer get eaten up by the shipping & tax here in CA....
SlyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 02:59 AM   #27
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
We have those kinds of shops around here, but the problem is they're waaaaaaay overpriced on most things. Knowing some EB managers really helps when you're looking for some hard-to-find stuff.
Ack.. The staff at the company owned by EB here (called Game) are 90% useless turds hired for "sales experience" more than actual knowledge of the product. Its very rare you find someone in there who didn't work in a convenience store or something at one point. The little, local indies tend to be really well priced and much closer to the curve here for some reason.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 03:26 AM   #28
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
I used to preorder from gamestop. I will no longer do this since it's such a waste of time. The local software etc/gamestop usually has the games just as quick as I'd get them via the website.
Yeah, those sometimes if you're planning on picking up the game at release anyway, you can get some freebies when you preorder it. It certainly doesn't hurt to have another shirt or drink holder!
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 06:57 AM   #29
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
Ack.. The staff at the company owned by EB here (called Game) are 90% useless turds hired for "sales experience" more than actual knowledge of the product.
See that's what it's like at the Gamestop stores around here. The other 10 percent are just dumb.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 07:05 AM   #30
Mullins1060

usually either

amazon.co.uk
play.com
or from my local towns game
M/B: Asus Rampage Formula (0401 BIOS) | CPU: Intel Xeon 3350 @ 3.6GHz (8x450MHz) 1.256v | HSF: Tuniq Tower 120-LFB | RAM: 2x2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.1v | GFX: 1792MB EVGA GeForce GTX 295 | HD: 2x300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache (RAID 0) | SOUND: Asus SupremeFX II | PSU: OCZ ModXStream 900W | CASE: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80B
Mullins1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 07:50 AM   #31
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
See that's what it's like at the Gamestop stores around here. The other 10 percent are just dumb.
I tend to find more along the lines of "countehstrik kidehs", either way, a breed that must be extirminated.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 10:44 AM   #32
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
I tend to find more along the lines of "countehstrik kidehs", either way, a breed that must be extirminated.
YOU WILL BY THIS GAM!!!!!!!!!
NOOB!!!11111

Heh, have a few in our stores like that...
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-04, 10:52 AM   #33
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I am lucky... I have 3 eb's within 10miles

and all of them have very good kids in them... they all know about the games and the one closest to me has a MASSIVE range of used games

nothing like getting a whole bunch of barely 1 month old games for ultra cheapies
We had one open up last October about 2 miles from the one in the mall. I like that one much better because it is a separate store and NOT in the mall.

/curses all malls

Anyway the owner is there everyday behind the counter helping people. A really great guy who knows a good deal about puters.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 11:17 AM   #34
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
We had one open up last October about 2 miles from the one in the mall. I like that one much better because it is a separate store and NOT in the mall.
I can do you one better. Up in Schaumburg there's a store at the mall. Then there's one two miles to the east in Rolling Meadows and then they just opened a second Schaumburg store two miles west of the mall. It's so crazy. Even though my favorite EB is at a mall, I still prefer to go to the stores that are at smaller shopping centers and downtowns. They're much easier to get in and out of than mall stores...unless you go to my store in Bloomingdale - 'cause nobody shops at that mall (which is odd because that store often is the best in the district).

For the first time I went to the "legendary" EB store in Broadview, as it's pretty close to my office. That place has an amazing selection of used games for all platforms. It's really hard to find used GC games, but that store had bunches, along with some hard to find Game Boy titles. And what's more unusual about that store is that a young lady runs it. Always good to see members of the fair sex involved in gaming.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 12:53 PM   #35
Clay

We have an EB in the mall and one in strip mall close by as well. The one in the strip mall has turned into a quasi-babysitting service though as parents drop their kids of there to play the consoles. oh well...it has a good selection. We also have an truly indie game shop that just opened in one of the burbs around town so I'll be checking it out.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-04, 01:18 PM   #36
p0lish_p0w3r

Can't afford games. There are 3 exceptions: Resident Evil, Counter Strike, NFS

Call me a thief if you want to....