Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-02, 11:12 AM   #25
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Even after all these months, Ash in a tutu is still one of the most disturbing mental images ever.

No offense to him personally, of course.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 11:54 AM   #26
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

its just, a man that big.....with a tutu
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 01:05 PM   #27
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

I'm still willing to wear the tutu. I'll even throw in a tiara and a couple plie' (sorry, dont' know how to do plurals in french) and a balance pose. Too bad the thread with what I'd do it for was lost, I'll have to figure out what I asked for.

I can't wait to show off my girlish figure!
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 02:27 PM   #28
vampireuk
**** Holster

It'll take alot of whiskey to get that thought out of my head now =\
Old 10-08-02, 05:21 AM   #29
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Well at least you guys should thank your lucky stars that you have not seen me naked in a pathtub playing with Sesame Street dolls.
Old 10-08-02, 07:11 AM   #30
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

I have one question, K.I.L.E.R., that will determine your sanity - was the bathtub full or empty?

As for the original reason for the thread... I think things have cooled off. I'll keep an eye out for people trying to circumvent the rules and filter. Old Ash, here I come.
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-02, 07:21 AM   #31
de><ta
prodigy

Exclamation

IF I EVER get any pictures of you KILER or ASH in my head..... I SWEAR i shall find out where you live....

and....

and....

forward you my psychiatrists bill

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-02, 07:38 AM   #32
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

I normally fill the tub up with wet soap.
Who wants pics?

Old 10-08-02, 06:22 PM   #33
LoRD.MuAD'diB
Kwisatz Haderach

Aren't the words "bloody" and "WTF" just ways to circumvent the swear filter? One thing I've learned through the years is that everyone has their own little equivilant to words they oppose. Flock, Frick, Fu(k, F0ck, it all means the same thing. Pretty much anything that is used as a substitute for these words is to me the same thing. It's circumventing the filter, yes. But it should make no difference wether you modify the words themselves, or use other words to imply them. I understand the need for some kind of rules, but they aren't consistant. If these things are discouraged, then discourage them all.

While I see the need for such filters, I still maintain that there shouldn't be a need for them. The word that F'in is derived from is no different in meaning than the word bloody. They mean the same thing, so there's no reason that one should be discouraged and not the other. But that's just my opinion based upon a perfect society.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3823775

Last edited by LoRD.MuAD'diB; 10-08-02 at 06:42 PM.
LoRD.MuAD'diB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-02, 03:46 AM   #34
vampireuk
**** Holster

*slams head on the table*

I thought we had this sorted out

*slams head again*
Old 10-09-02, 06:54 AM   #35
ExitWound

Send a message via AIM to ExitWound

Quote:
Originally posted by LoRD.MuAD'diB
Aren't the words "bloody" and "WTF" just ways to circumvent the swear filter? One thing I've learned through the years is that everyone has their own little equivilant to words they oppose. Flock, Frick, Fu(k, F0ck, it all means the same thing. Pretty much anything that is used as a substitute for these words is to me the same thing. It's circumventing the filter, yes. But it should make no difference wether you modify the words themselves, or use other words to imply them. I understand the need for some kind of rules, but they aren't consistant. If these things are discouraged, then discourage them all.

While I see the need for such filters, I still maintain that there shouldn't be a need for them. The word that F'in is derived from is no different in meaning than the word bloody. They mean the same thing, so there's no reason that one should be discouraged and not the other. But that's just my opinion based upon a perfect society.
Actually I have to agree. I can't stand reading "wtf" within a post. It just screams "i HAVE to say it one way and one way only with no regards for everyone else".

Depending on where the majority of posters and readers come from, certain words could or could not be considered 'foul'. For instance, "bloody" can be expressed in most america without any repercussions at all because it's not deemed foul. It's a 'strong' word modifier, but other than that carries no real meaning. Also, words like "darn" and "ticked" are considered non-vulgar in all ways, yet they represent edited versions of popular 4letter words. They can even be expressed on kids shows.
I'm the Heavy Metal Thunderstriking Jesus. "
ExitWound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-02, 07:40 AM   #36
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

WTF?

DOD!

ROT!

Billions of expressions of words. They will not stop coming EW.