Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-04, 03:19 PM   #13
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

You beat me to it sbp, I was about to ask him to shorten his sig

As for the avatars, some people will find them offensive some will not. That is beside the point, we have standards on nV News and avatars of something taking a piss step over the line of decency.
Old 02-28-04, 03:31 PM   #14
Lostlilchild6

Send a message via AIM to Lostlilchild6

I think he should be able to make any kind of avatar he likes, and use it. Of course, there's limitations and boundries, but seeing Calvin pissin' all over the already crappy Nvidia shouldn't be one of those limitations. If someone is honestly getting offended and becoming hurt in their interior because Sinvidia is getting bashed on, then they shouldn't be on a public forum, they should be seeking psychiatric help.

And yes, I believe Nvidia's hardware has completely blown since the 5800Ultra (which I owned). Oh, and don't flame me, and consider me another one of those ATi-fanboys. Because I've owned every nvidia card starting from the geforce 2 MX all the way to a 5900. Yes, I did own every single one, and Jakup can vouche for me, since he knows me in RL.

Old 02-28-04, 03:36 PM   #15
vampireuk
**** Holster

My point is people getting offended or not is only a small issue. A urinating avatar is not appropriate for this forum.
Old 02-28-04, 03:48 PM   #16
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

So you mean if I ever wanted to have a random character taking a piss on a random object as an avatar, I couldn't because it's been declared 'not appropriate for this forum'?

mrsabidji
Old 02-28-04, 04:11 PM   #17
MikeC
Administrator

jakup's avatar has been here for awhile with nothing said, it wasn't until avatars with the character pissing on ATI and forum members that I got complaints. Seeing where this was all headed I decided to stop the avatar from being used. So to answer your question you are correct we will not allow avatars deplicting urination in progress.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 04:16 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

what if its a monkeh mike

a little monkeh going to the loo
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 04:24 PM   #19
vampireuk
**** Holster

Well I never actually noticed the urinating avatar until this thread
Old 02-28-04, 05:12 PM   #20
ChrisRay

I mean no disrespect to Jakup Or anybody, And Believe me, It wasnt personal against anyone. I just felt it was kinda vulgar,

I guess some people draw the line at different spots...

If people think this has ANYTHING to do with the companies or not, I could care less if you an avatar blowing up Nvidia cards or ATI cards, I just think "pissing" on anything is disgusting.

And I hadnt noticed Jakups Avatar until recently,
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-04, 05:38 PM   #21
MikeC
Administrator

I had noticed his avatar and shamefully I was more concerned why he had removed the "cheeky girl" avatar. Nobody noticed him as much since his avatars were non-female. In the end its my fault for not having JakUp remove his avatar weeks ago when he first put it up. By now I should realize how that would start a war with ATI and NVIDIA being used in that avatar. You are right "potty avatars" are disgusting his butt cheeks one was his best.

Sazar I've heard enough from the little monkeh going to the loo today.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-04, 04:26 PM   #22
Clay

In jakup's defense, that peeing avatar may have been here before but not "solid" since October...it's easy to miss posts here from time to time.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-04, 10:29 PM   #23
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by Malfunction
This is such crap, I mean... what the hell is going on? jAkUp has had his Avatar for how long now and no one posted anything about it being a problem. No because I make a better version, oh all people "ChrisRay" whines about this as well and now everyone has to ditch the avatars?

What made them so tolerable before ChrisRay when jAkUp had his for so long?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...avatar+and+new

take a look at the date of the post... 10-20-2003

I just don't get this crap. I have mine for not even 1 day and bam!, it's gone. Mean while jAkUp has had his since October last year and I didn't see ChrisRay waving the "etiquette" flag till now.

So let's see... I have a problem with "ChrisW's" Avatar and wish to see it removed as well as long as we are going to be fair about this.

It appears that if any misrepresentation of a IHV's logo or insignia is used should be removed immediately, including any derogatory remarks or messages to any IHV or Forum member in avatars or signatures as well.

All in all this stinks, though I will gladly change my avatar.

Peace,

LOL! Well, nobody has ever complained about my "ode to nVidia's marketing team" avatar, but I'll remove it if you think it's offensive.
Old 03-01-04, 11:56 AM   #24
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

In those guys defence I dont think they should have removed anything. Sad to say but your whats wrong with this world Chris. There bigger things in life that worrying about a peeing cartoon avatar. People worrying about Janet showing some nipple (which was coverd) when worse is blatently shown on T.V or happening in real life. Hearing some kid got kidnapped or knowing that there so much damn drugs and guns on the street should be more of a concern. The exploding human head avatar or some racist crap I can understand but come on. Infact your your comments have pissed me off (pardon the pun) the most since I have been at this great site because you stopped to worry about something so meaningless and probaly wont even vote or give to some charity this year.

But to each his own.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote