Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-04, 01:14 PM   #25
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Sorry but on this board we can't really limit the guns and drugs in the world, we try but there is something about the internet not actually allowing physical interaction with the world that is stopping us. Until someone invents a device that allows us to stab a person in the eye through the internet we shall stick to the standards which we have.

Also what does voting or giving to charity have to do with a urinating avatar?
Old 03-01-04, 01:32 PM   #26
sbp

Quote:
Originally posted by S.I.N
In those guys defence I dont think they should have removed anything. Sad to say but your whats wrong with this world Chris. There bigger things in life that worrying about a peeing cartoon avatar. People worrying about Janet showing some nipple (which was coverd) when worse is blatently shown on T.V or happening in real life. Hearing some kid got kidnapped or knowing that there so much damn drugs and guns on the street should be more of a concern. The exploding human head avatar or some racist crap I can understand but come on. Infact your your comments have pissed me off (pardon the pun) the most since I have been at this great site because you stopped to worry about something so meaningless and probaly wont even vote or give to some charity this year.

But to each his own.
Lets take that argument and change perspective. Aren't there are bigger things to worry about than wanting to keep a peeing avatar?

Such a fuss and bother about something so minor.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 01:39 PM   #27
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I know you cant do any of those things and in someways thats why we come to forums to not even worry about those things. But to me he is worried about something very meaningless and he might as well worry about something meaningful such as I mentioned. A month ago Muya and some other dude had a problem with another users avatar....that I think was a problem because they both felt it was racists and insensitive. But again to each his own, I just think he should be worried about bigger things like much piplines the R420 will have.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 01:55 PM   #28
sbp

Wink

device that allows us to stab a person in the eye through the internet

Hey at least you got an avatar. Us avatar challenged peeps feel inadequate.

I'm voting tomorrow in a Super Tuesday primary. Here's hoping to getting booed again for not being a democrat.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 02:45 PM   #29
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally posted by sbp
Lets take that argument and change perspective. Aren't there are bigger things to worry about than wanting to keep a peeing avatar?

Such a fuss and bother about something so minor.
Well.. remember who started the fuss in the first place. The only reason we complain is because it doesn't make sense to us.
Old 03-01-04, 04:31 PM   #30
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

omg, and I was gonna debut my pooping avatar this week...

... j/k...

IMO, all sides of this argument have points... BUT, it's Mike's decision, Mike's opinion, Mike's site... and I see no problem with the viewpoint he conveys...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 04:34 PM   #31
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by S.I.N
In those guys defence I dont think they should have removed anything. Sad to say but your whats wrong with this world Chris. There bigger things in life that worrying about a peeing cartoon avatar. People worrying about Janet showing some nipple (which was coverd) when worse is blatently shown on T.V or happening in real life. Hearing some kid got kidnapped or knowing that there so much damn drugs and guns on the street should be more of a concern. The exploding human head avatar or some racist crap I can understand but come on. Infact your your comments have pissed me off (pardon the pun) the most since I have been at this great site because you stopped to worry about something so meaningless and probaly wont even vote or give to some charity this year.

But to each his own.
I reserve the right to reinstall my avatar if nVidia pulls the same crap with the NV40. Maybe they will change their ways?
Old 03-01-04, 04:36 PM   #32
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I reserve the right to reinstall my avatar if nVidia pulls the same crap with the NV40. Maybe they will change their ways?
lol.. you should include that as a disclaimer in your sig
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-04, 04:43 PM   #33
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW

...sig material, yes

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 04:47 PM   #34
vampireuk
**** Holster

Allowing urinating avatars opens up a precident to allow even more tasteless images to be used. I personally do not think they are offensive but it lowers the standard if we were to allow them imho.
Old 03-01-04, 04:49 PM   #35
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Allowing urinating avatars opens up a precident to allow even more tasteless images to be used. I personally do not think they are offensive but it lowers the standard if we were to allow them imho.
how bout an avatar with a water bottle pouring onto something and the guy holding the water bottle where his weiner would be
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 05:36 PM   #36
vampireuk
**** Holster

As long as the bottle is clearly defined