Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-04, 07:26 PM   #1
Afishionado

Question 3D not working under SuSE 9.0

I am stumped. All my OpenGL applications are running using slo-o-ow software rendering. 3Ddiag reports that the nVidia driver is *not* installed. Yet, when I run the installer script with the "check existing install" and "sanity check" options, it says that all is well. I've examined my xfree86config file and can't find any problems there.

I'm staring at the "appendix C" of the online instructions... That's a lot of stuff to go through. When the sanity checks etc. come out OK, does that imply that all the files listed there are installed correctly? For the files that are listed ending with .x.y.z, should I be looking for a certain version, or would that not be related to my problem?

I see the nVidia splash screen when I start x, and lsmod shows nvidia in the list of loaded modules, so I know I'm at least part way there.

Any ideas?
Old 02-28-04, 09:50 PM   #2
Afishionado

OK, I went through the list and all the files seem to be in place.

I ran ldd and noticed that for LibGL* and LibGLcore* files in /usr/lib/tls are being used instead of /usr/lib. Could that be a problem? (It looks like the files in /usr/lib/tls are nVidia drivers, anyway.)

Other than that, everything in appendix C seems to check out--yet I'm still not getting accelerated 3D.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.