Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-04, 10:31 AM   #25
JediKnight
Kyle Katarn

How about all of it. You are right about one thing, I am trying to be christian and will never reach being the perfect or good christian, but I try, I realize my mistakes, and will step up to them. Never mind, I can see the type of mentality Im seeing here, and its not good. Have a good day.

Intel Core i7 - 3770K| ASUS Maximus V Formula ACIII Mobo | 8 Gig Corsair Vengeance 1600 | EVGA 450 GTS | WD 1TB 64MB HDD | Lite On iBS312 BD RW Drive | Samsung VX922 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 | Cooler Master HAF 922 case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 PSU
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-04, 11:10 AM   #26
PenguinJim

You are welcome to your opinion, but I would prefer to see you justify it. Forums are all about debate and stuff . Roleplaying Jesus in an RPG would, I feel, encourage people to think about His life, and the decisions He faced. I cannot see the distinction between an interactive portrayal like this, and a DVD adaptation of a Bible story (such as the Time Life series of Jesus of Nazareth, and Moses), or perhaps even The Bible itself. At the moment, I assume that you find all of these (The Bible included) as 'mocking Jesus'. Or perhaps you have conflicting standards depending on the media used. One could easily go so far as to say that you are prejudice against this game without even playing it, to see the message it seeks to spread. I am only trying to understand your position, and seeking to find a way to accomodate your suggestions.
Old 03-17-04, 01:23 AM   #27
JediKnight
Kyle Katarn

Quote:
If Jesus saves a lot of people, and is nice to tax collectors, he will be a Good Man. If he goes around murdering people in back alleys, or pickpocketing people in taverns, he will be a Bastard. Whether he is Good or Evil will affect how easy it will be for him to use God Powers (Heal, Camel Through A Needle, etc) and Satan Powers (Satan Lightning, Force Feed A Fasting Man, etc).
That would never be an option, even if it is "not real, or just a game". Jesus would never or ever killed, never or ever did do evil (becoming satan). Yes he was tempted by satan, but he never acted on them. To "pretend" in a game is mocking. You know it's true so just admit it.
You know what, I do understand your view, and its just plain evil.
Peace.

Intel Core i7 - 3770K| ASUS Maximus V Formula ACIII Mobo | 8 Gig Corsair Vengeance 1600 | EVGA 450 GTS | WD 1TB 64MB HDD | Lite On iBS312 BD RW Drive | Samsung VX922 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 | Cooler Master HAF 922 case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 PSU
Old 03-17-04, 02:45 AM   #28
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I shall now turn water into wine, now everybody turn around.
Old 03-17-04, 04:56 AM   #29
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
I shall now turn water into wine, now everybody turn around.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight
That would never be an option, even if it is "not real, or just a game". Jesus would never or ever killed, never or ever did do evil (becoming satan). Yes he was tempted by satan, but he never acted on them. To "pretend" in a game is mocking. You know it's true so just admit it.
If Jesus were playing this game, then He would obviously do all the Good things again, and stay on the Light side. But the game would give you the opportunity to see things from His perspective, and would adjust the game according to the decisions you would make. He resisted Satan, but would you? Those Satan powers look pretty cool to me.

To make the game a 100% accurate portrayal and recreation of His life would make the storyline completely linear. Perhaps as a First Person Shooter, that would work, but for now we have Painkiller ("Heaven Has A New Hitman"). My game, on the other hand, encourages branching storylines and the player to make decisions.

Also, I think to say that Jesus would never do evil diminishes His accomplishment in resisting Satan. If there were no possibility that He could become evil, then why is it such a big deal that He resisted? The point was, I feel, that He could have been tempted, and yet He showed the strength of character and love for us all to resist. Are you at all familiar with The Bible? Or any of those cartoons or live-action adaptations of Bible stories?
Old 03-17-04, 05:35 AM   #30
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I have a feeling that JediKnight reads Christian Gaming Review

Well I don't see what the problem is making a game like this. Even though I'm agnostic, I'm not gonna go "OMG you're making a game based on a false religion!", everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you don't like the game then don't play it. It's not like he's making the game to mock Jesus, he just wants to offer a different experience in games while allowing a very interesting perspective on it (not to mention I think the greatest way to really see how difficult it was for Jesus to resist temptation is make it so every player can see just how difficult it can be to do the right thing sometimes!).

But if you think PenguinJim is evil just because he wants to make an interesting game based on religion, you should take a look at what some other people have done using religious beliefs. It's not like he's doing this as an insult to the religion, and the fact that he's doing it for free to bring others enjoyment at noone expense (I mean really, is anyone going to play the game and then think "wow, Jesus sure had it easy!") is commendable I think.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-04, 12:04 PM   #31
JediKnight
Kyle Katarn

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that I will play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-04, 09:37 PM   #32
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by taz
thats the stupidest idea for a game i have ever heard, why dont you make a racing game featuring princess Di better
Hehe, I remember just after her accident, and those guys in London were selling her fingers .

"Ten to collect! Gotta catch 'em all!"

Anyway, I don't honestly believe Princess Diana is the messiah for any religion (although it seems JediKnight does. I guess he was just pretending to be a Christian in this thread for the sake of annoying people (which I had kinda assumed from the start, considering his basic lack of any Christian values/knowledge). He probably also believes he is Kyle Katarn. I wish his family the best of luck.).

Racing games aren't my forté, I'm afraid. Although I could add all of JediKnight's exclamation marks into my game to make it just as exciting as a racing game .

Exclamation marks! For when your words just don't say enough! Or at all answer any of the questions directed at you in a forum! Exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-04, 12:22 AM   #33
JediKnight
Kyle Katarn

I really dont want to say this but in the words of my partner at work, "what a dicko". And you probably think you are a real penguin right? Is it cause you look like an albino one with red hair? ha-ha.
Anyway dude, it seems you have some serious mental issues, and are, as we call people at work, an EDP.
The comment about the exclamation marks, is that a UK hick thing?
Peace, fool.

Last edited by JediKnight; 03-18-04 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-18-04, 12:42 AM   #34
JediKnight
Kyle Katarn

LOL!

Old 03-18-04, 03:46 AM   #35
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Actually, I thought the exclamation points thing was kinda funny (and better executed than any of the jokes you used against him)

Maybe you don't agree with his ideas, but does that mean you should make personal attacks against him? Not to mention this is getting quite off-topic, you're no longer debating his idea for a game, you're just taking turns insulting him and making yourselves look like idiots. If you really are such "devoted" christians, please show me where in the bible it says you should make fun of someone for disagreeing with your ideas?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-04, 05:33 AM   #36
PenguinJim

Hey Mr JediKnight, I'll respond to your points and not avoid the issues you have raised, because I like debating things on forums and am not here just to cause trouble .

Quote:
Originally posted by JediKnight
And you probably think you are a real penguin right? Is it cause you look like an albino one with red hair?
I don't think I am a real penguin. I am an imaginary penguin. I do not look like an albino with red hair. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch a nerve regarding your obviously far superior and very original name. Actually, I don't even remember writing that post .

Quote:
Originally posted by JediKnight
The comment about the exclamation marks, is that a UK hick thing?
We exported all our hicks a long time ago.

Well, that was an interesting discussion . I would like to make the friendly suggestion of having your partner help you with your witty retorts in future, though. But wait! It seems taz has made a request of me!
Quote:
Originally posted by taz
dude tell me thats not an actual picture of you, penguindick...jim
It's not an actual picture of me.

Hey, I hope I didn't offend anyone with that Princess Di joke. I'm sorry. I'd kinda had a few (and was very surprised to read my post this morning). Sorry again.

Anyway, what were we doing again? Ah yes, discussing Jesus: Disciples of the Old Republic (or DOTOR, as I like to call it). JediKnight was just about to respond to any of the points I raised, and everyone had agreed () to keep the personal insults to PMs (I do check mine occasionally, so feel free to insult me privately but I would ask that you use a little imagination in your insults, please. Thanks!). Carry on, everyone!