Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-04, 04:22 PM   #37
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
This is the very first time that pre-ordering a game via gamestop would get it to me the same day the local stores have it. Typically, our local gamestop store in the mall has the game 2-3 days before me when I pre-ordered via their website. I don't know why the situation has changed this time around but it would be nice if they'd make up their minds.
Yeah, i also figured the same thing, in the past, when you preorder and have it 'shipped to your door' it gets shipped the same day everyone can buy it in the store, i guess in this case the tables turned and they shipped it before they shipped to stores.

Anyways, the clerk told me that the game would be in my EB tomorow, but the boxes had marker on them saying the 17th. So i dont know what to do other than camp there tomorow mourning!
Old 03-15-04, 05:46 PM   #38
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
Bought my DVD SE preorder copy at the local EB almost a month ago cause I hate waiting for shipping. Had I read that artical about them *screwing* the little guy though I would of just stuck w/ gamestop
I preorder my games at EB stores also. I am not home during the day so it is easier to pick it up from the store on my way home form work.

Ya that article about them did make me want to do business else where but Gamestop is worse at our local store. We are screwed.

Ok here is the skinny for all of you who are confused about the release date. The actual release date is the 16th it has been that date for a long time now. On-line retail stores say the 15th because they need one day to get it to you by the actual release date of the 16th. Why they do this I have no idea. You would think they wanted people in their stores to buy even more products. After all they do have all those pretty nice new boxes on the shelves. A whole store filled with boxes wall to wall AND UP TO THE CELING. A ALTER TO WHICH WE BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP! ALL BOW DOWN TO THE WALL TO WALL OF GAMING BOXES. AUUUUUMMMMM AUUUUMMMM AUUUUMMMM AUUUUMMMM... Sorry got carried away. So there you have it. You see it is just a matter of confusion. Check that. Your confusion not mine.

Anyway on behalf of MUYA, sazar, Rampant, rage and all the others who meet on IRC #nvnews we would like to invite you to get your butts kicked in this glorious new addition to the UT line up.

Last edited by UDawg; 03-15-04 at 06:10 PM.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 06:34 PM   #39
GlowStick
CoD4!

Udawg, so are you saying it should be in stores tomorow!?!?!?!?
Old 03-15-04, 06:47 PM   #40
SuLinUX

It's not out in the UK until this friday.
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 07:30 PM   #41
Riptide

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Yeah, i also figured the same thing, in the past, when you preorder and have it 'shipped to your door' it gets shipped the same day everyone can buy it in the store, i guess in this case the tables turned and they shipped it before they shipped to stores.
It just came to me. I think I know why this is like this. The key thing is they want the software to be physically in their control right up till the predetermined (between gamestop and epic in this case) launch date. There's always a chance that they could detect a serious issue with it just a couple days before final release. If they ship your copy to you at the same time they ship it to the stores then they lose some control there - it gets to you even if they had to issue a bulletin saying that it needs to be kept from the shelves due to some problem.

Seem plausible?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 07:33 PM   #42
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally posted by Riptide
It just came to me. I think I know why this is like this. The key thing is they want the software to be physically in their control right up till the predetermined (between gamestop and epic in this case) launch date. There's always a chance that they could detect a serious issue with it just a couple days before final release. If they ship your copy to you at the same time they ship it to the stores then they lose some control there - it gets to you even if they had to issue a bulletin saying that it needs to be kept from the shelves due to some problem.

Seem plausible?
Hehe, i seriously doubt it because they do a ton of testing, it just seems that they gave the pre-orders a break and tried to even it out, because most peple use cheep shipping, but people who are impatient like me use next day heh.
Old 03-15-04, 08:25 PM   #43
UDawg
Retired spammer

Here is how it works. They send it to the distributors, The distributors send it to the buyers and then to the stores. So it was most likely sitting in the distributor's warehouse. It is nothing more than, they want it out on the 16th so the ship them to the stores on the 16th. The online retail stores get it directly from the distributors on the 15th then ship them to the customers.

Yes they will be out tomorrow.
Old 03-15-04, 08:30 PM   #44
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
Here is how it works. They send it to the distributors, The distributors send it to the buyers and then to the stores. So it was most likely sitting in the distributor's warehouse. It is nothing more than, they want it out on the 16th so the ship them to the stores on the 16th. The online retail stores get it directly from the distributors on the 15th then ship them to the customers.

Yes they will be out tomorrow.
Uto, tomorow i have to be at some crappy make your employees work harder semminar and i cant camp out side stores to get teh dvd special editon!

TEH NOES!!!!!!11

Old 03-15-04, 09:50 PM   #45
Riptide

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Hehe, i seriously doubt it because they do a ton of testing, it just seems that they gave the pre-orders a break and tried to even it out, because most peple use cheep shipping, but people who are impatient like me use next day heh.
Remember what happened with the voodoo 5 5500... I know it's hardware not software but didn't a few of those actually make it out into public use before the recall?

I guess it doesn't matter. UDawg is probably right and this has nothing to do with anything.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 09:54 PM   #46
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

St00pid question, but on exactly what server will we find the nv IRC channel? The link above the forum is dead.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 09:57 PM   #47
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
St00pid question, but on exactly what server will we find the nv IRC channel? The link above the forum is dead.
I know that Mike has been working on our IRC channel...but that's all I know. I think he's in a holding pattern waiting on the DALNet or whatever to give him some info.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-04, 10:10 PM   #48
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Talk to MUYA.