Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-02, 09:11 AM   #1
avengerzz

Question XFX Geforce4 4200 128 MB... ????

Does anyone here have this card?? can you give me some comment on it?? does it work with AMD?? Gigabyte 7VRXP ?? thanx.. also.. does it have two RAMDAC like they advertise it??? so I can use dual monitor? thanx.
avengerzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 09:27 AM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

There isn't a GeForce4 card I know of that doesn't have the capability to do dual monitors. The majority of cards have one CRT and one DVI output. Many cards come with a DVI to CRT adapter so you can run 2 standard displays. You may want to take that into consideration when you're making your purchase. If I were running 2 CRT displays, I wouldn't buy a card that doesn't come with an adapter.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 10:16 AM   #3
pelly

[shameless plug] Check out my review ( linked on the front page ) [/shameless plug]

After using the card in question for a number of months, I can attest that it is a spectacular card. For many years, I had only bought Gainward cards...though now, XFX is an equal ( and cheaper ) alternative. The overall quality and construction of the card is top-notch...good overclocker...great image quality....etc...

The card will work with any cpu/board out there...based upon NVIDIA's reference design so it is super-stable and compatible.

You'll find some good info in the review...let us know if you have any more questions...

pelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 10:53 AM   #4
avengerzz

Default .. your review on NVnews

Actually.. I did read the review.. I know the card is great.. the only problem I have is whether I can do two monitor with 2 CRT? As for an adapter, can I just use the DVI to CRT adapter I got from ATI for my Radeon VE? It seen to be the same adapter they sell online for DVI to CRT.. yeah.. I know it's great card.
Thanx again
Old 10-07-02, 11:02 AM   #5
avengerzz

Talking .. also..another thing..

NVNEWS are the only one that has a review for this card.. no one else.. I mean.. no other web site.. has a review for this card.. except for 3Dvelecity..but somehow..the review is not accessable anymreo .. I just want a decent video card with DUAL CRT SUPPORT!!
Old 10-07-02, 11:09 AM   #6
saturnotaku

The adapter you have with your Radeon VE should be fine. You aren't going to find any modern cards that have support for only 2 CRT's. If you have any reservations about the brand of card because of lack of reviews, MSI makes excellent Ti4200 cards. There should be plenty of reviews on it, too. GL with whatever card you decide.
Old 10-07-02, 11:37 AM   #7
avengerzz

Default ... MSI Card.. hmm

The reason I wanted the XFX card is that.. it is only 165 for 128 MB ... and I don't even know if the MSI 4200 does two CRT via adapter.. because even if they have an DVI and the CRT connector in the back.... a lot of the cards cannot do dual CRT monitor, because the lack of dual RAMDAC.
Old 10-07-02, 11:53 AM   #8
avengerzz

Default ... ookay guys.. help me out here.. 4200 Cards.. which one can support dual CRT?

.... in case newegg runs out of XFX Geforce 4200.. does anyone here know of any Ti4200 64MB or 128MB card that supports dual CRT.. (meaning.. it has dual RAMDAC) I know most of them support CRT + DVI, but I have two CRT.. thanx.. btw.. i have the DVI to CRT adapter, but people been telling me that I need two RAMDAC to make it works.. any Ti4200 would work for me I guess...

Thanx

Old 10-07-02, 12:29 PM   #9
saturnotaku

Because of nView, any GeForce4 card should be able to run 2 CRT monitors without the need for a dual RAMDAC. If it couldn't be done, no manufacturers would include DVI to CRT adapters with their products.

But if you feel more comfortable with dual RAMDAC's, then by all means get the XFX card. But I don't think you need to be so worried about it.
Old 10-07-02, 12:44 PM   #10
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

I just bought an MSI g4ti4200 and it has dual crt and tv out and video in. But as far as i have seen with the nvidia cards there is no feature like theater mode on the ati cards where you can watch a dvd on the tv and have the regular desktop as well
anxdiety is offline   Reply With Quote