Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-02, 01:21 PM   #1
Linewbie

Angry Major WineX prob... I think it has to do with the vidcard...

I am having problems with WineX, as I installed it correctly with no error messages, and configured it correctly, but yet when I try to 'wine setup.exe' on my Counter_Strike retail cd, I get the following error:

'fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin x11drv.dll: /usr/local/lib/libx11drv.so: undefined symbol: X11DRV_GLX_CreateDriver
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin x11drv.dll: /usr/local/lib/libx11drv.so: undefined symbol: X11DRV_GLX_CreateDriver
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't star debugger ("debugger/winedbg 134660432 56") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger'

I really have no clue what is going on, I followed the instructions from the newest http://lhl.linuxgames.com/howto/half...HOWTO-0.5.html document exactly, and the thing is I HAD COUNTER-STRIKE WORKING ON MANDRAKE 9.0! I really like RedHat, but if I can't run my favorite game in the whole world, I don't know what I should do... I would really like it if you peoples can help me Thank you so much for your help in the past

(Formerly) The_Drake_Noob
Linewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 02:15 PM   #2
bwkaz

That's an odd one...

Have you done an ldconfig as root since installing winex? You also may have to edit /etc/ld.so.conf, adding the /usr/local/lib path to it. If you do change ld.so.conf, then rerun ldconfig again.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 02:21 PM   #3
Linewbie

Default yep

That exact path was already added to the end of the file, and I ran /sbin/ldconfig already. This is really getting on my nerves...
Old 10-07-02, 02:25 PM   #4
Linewbie

Default hrmm

When I just type in 'ldconfig' as root I get 'command not found.' This could be the problem indeed... do you know if 'ldconfig' is a package?
Old 10-07-02, 04:50 PM   #5
bwkaz

Yes, it's part of the glibc package. Which you have installed.

/sbin/ldconfig is the same program -- it appears that when you su'ed to root, it didn't change your PATH. Root's PATH should contain /sbin, but normal users' PATHs should not. But if you did an /sbin/ldconfig already, then that's not the problem...

But I don't know what it would be...
Old 10-07-02, 05:42 PM   #6
Linewbie

Unhappy Yah, (Time for me to cry, lol)

If you don't know the problem bw, not many peeps probably do... I guess the best thing to do would be uninstall WineX, and maybe try regular oldskool wine, instead of using the WineX cvs. Wine provides binaries which I would be glad to use, but can you give me some instructions to remove WineX completely from my system. I originally d/l'd the cvs stuff into /usr/src/ Man I wish someone could solve the problem, but the thing is with Linux, if you don't succeed at first that doesn't mean you should give up. Hell if we all gave up when problems first came to us, we would all be M$ users !
Old 10-07-02, 06:42 PM   #7
utiel

Default GL includes?

If you have compiled wineX, have copied /usr/share/doc/NVidia/include/GL/*.h to /usr/include/GL ??

No more suggestions now, until I compile any wine/wineX.

If you installed wine (from CD ), and winex, remove wine
utiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-02, 06:54 PM   #8
Linewbie

Default Re: GL includes?

Quote:
Originally posted by utiel
If you have compiled wineX, have copied /usr/share/doc/NVidia/include/GL/*.h to /usr/include/GL ??

No more suggestions now, until I compile any wine/wineX.

If you installed wine (from CD ), and winex, remove wine
All the files in /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX*/include/GL/ are in the /usr/include/GL directory

and no I did not install wine previously, but I just installed WineX, thats it!

Man this problem doesn't seem to be getting any better... Thx for helping so far tho guys.

Old 10-07-02, 10:00 PM   #9
bwkaz

If you want to remove winex, I'm pretty sure you can just make uninstall from the root of the winex source tree.

Did you by any chance use special CFLAGS to do the compiling? It used to be that using -O3 would cause errors similar to this (though not exactly, it would just fail to load .so's for no apparent reason, not "undefined symbol"). Maybe...
Old 10-08-02, 09:32 AM   #10
Linewbie

Default Yah...

Before I compiled with the -O2, however the most recent time I compiled (now) I used './configure --enable-opengl' then 'make depend' then 'make install'
Old 10-08-02, 09:41 AM   #11
bwkaz

What was your CFLAGS environment variable set to when you did ./configure? echo $CFLAGS to find it out now, if you don't know what it was (what it is now may not be the same as what it was, but it probably is).

Maybe try to clean out the files it installed, blow away the source tree, re-check it out from CVS, and start over? It's a lot of work, and my gut instinct is that it won't help, but it might be worth a shot. If you want, I can generate a list of what it installs so you know what to get rid of.
Old 10-08-02, 03:13 PM   #12
Linewbie

Default hrmmm #2...

i just did 'echo $CFLAGS' from inside the /usr/src/wine directory where I compiled from. and it just made an empty line, I also did it from the root directory, because I am a noob, and didn't know which directory. (I figured /wine, but wasn't sure..)
# echo $CFLAGS

# echo $CFLAGS

My friend at school is good with linux. He uses the debian distro, and when I was typing a message at school I scrolled up to my problem. He said he had some pre-compiled packages from WineX that he *Acquired* I am wondering if I should take him up on this offer, or wiping out WineX, and try installing from CVS again. However now instead of the single error, and then the two others, I just get this when trying to open any application:

'fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not supported'

This seem's like it would be a more *easily* fixable problem, that perhaps you could help me with... But for now I won't try anything, and wait until a more experianced user such as yourself gives me input, or my other friend just hooks me up w/ the RPM. I would prefer to solve this problem now, instead of waiting until tomarrow. Also I like being sort of 'independant' if you can call it that, with my computer experiances. Don't get me wrong, a mentor is great! But I like solving problems by myself, so if they do occur again I can solve them with relative ease, instead of asking another person to get into the thick of things, instead of me. You might see my position on things, you might not, but anyhow do you have any suggestions for the error? I will do a google search, and check on the WINE website, and ask you about a possible solution. Thx for the help so far bro!

BTW: I get the same error I posted in the beginning of the thread when I try to 'wine setup.exe' from my directory /mnt/cdrom GRRR!

Last edited by Linewbie; 10-08-02 at 03:26 PM.