Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-18-02, 08:33 PM   #1
ratboy

Question png to jpeg

i have a noob question. when i do a printscrn, how do i save the screen shot as a jpeg file?

it defaults to .png, which is to large a file if i want to upload it to the forum to show my desktop.

thanks
Old 10-18-02, 09:10 PM   #2
volt

I'm guessing you have GIMP (graphic editing program, something like photoshop, it comes by default with *most* distros)

Start GIMP, go to File->Open and look for the PNG file.
Then Right Click on your screenshot and choose Save As, and choose the correct format
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-02, 10:02 PM   #3
ratboy

Cool

thanks dude
Old 10-18-02, 10:08 PM   #4
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by ratboy
thanks dude
Anytime!
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote