Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-06-04, 01:52 PM   #229
schuey74
GTX 280 (675/1458/2500)

Default Re: ~ | Official FarCry (retail) Feedback Thread! | ~

Just popped in to say a couple of things.

First, I absolutely love this game. For me, easily the best game I've played in the last year. And I play a lot of games......

Second, for anyone thinking of picking it up. I just saw an ad for Best Buy @ $29.99.
schuey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-04, 03:03 PM   #230
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Well, I beat that part I was asking about before (no thanks to any of you ).

I just beat the Rebellion level. Holy moley, that fight at the end where you have to deal with 1) soldiers, 2) jumping traijans, 3) machine gun toting traijans and 4) those rocket wh0res. I managed to somehow get through it with no armor, little ammo and less than 50% health. It was a miracle of God. I have to say that there are some serious AI targeting issues in this game. I was trying to sneak past a solider fighting a rocket wh0re, suddenly I get spotted by the solider, who stops what he's doing to turn around and shoot me! I've noticed this happens in a lot of games, and it's something that absolutely annoys the **** out of me.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-04, 03:40 PM   #231
Riptide

The rebellion level? I take it that is past the dam/volcano level then?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-04, 04:32 PM   #232
SlamDunk

The Rebellion level REALLY made me go "HOLY SH!T!!!". OMG it was amazing, right from where you opened the door to the outside

Before that I was also very impressed but after Rebellion it just gets more amazing level after level. I'm in the first save point in Catacombs now... and yeah, I love Far Cry too
SlamDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-04, 05:59 PM   #233
Riptide

OK, I must've already finished that part. It must've been about 2AM because I barely remember it.
Old 04-07-04, 02:13 PM   #234
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Holy crap...speaking of Farcry, it appears they've been working on an Xbox version of the game and it's looking pretty sharp: http://www.xboxreloaded.com/modules....iewinfo&id=572. That second shot looks pretty damn amazing considering how high the PC requirements are for visuals like that (though the shot is probably a high-res render of a game scene, since it's in non-standard Xbox resolution, but it should look comparable). Wonder how it will turn out, unlike some other PC-to-console ports it looks like they're actually putting some time into this.

Might end up being a nice option for those of us with slightly lacking systems to play Farcry (though I wonder how they're gonna fit the game into the Xbox's 64 megs of ram, Farcry is a memory MONSTER!).

BTW, has anyone played much of Farcry's multiplayer? How is it? Seems like everyone is raving about the single-player but strangely almost noone comments on the multiplayer...

Edit: huh, actually the wording is that the game is going to be on "select next-generation consoles" however haven't said what consoles they are, but they already have screenshots of it? Hmm...now I'm confused...oh well, we'll have to see how it turns out. Sounds like it might have some extra gameplay modes and locations on top of the ones in the PC version.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-04, 03:42 PM   #235
Zeta

I spent several hours playing assault last week. It was ok. The biggist issue I have found with MP is the lag. I think the network code is pretty poor. The more players there are the worse it gets. I really hope they improve the network code. The great part of playing MP is the HUGE maps. I mean they are really big. Just like the single player maps.
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-04, 07:14 PM   #236
Blacklash
8^9^3

My only gripe with Far Cry is to say some fecking body loves rockets too much. That is all :P
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-04, 08:45 PM   #237
Riptide

Those rockets don't seem very effective at times either.
Old 04-08-04, 04:52 AM   #238
Blacklash
8^9^3

I was speaking more to the big Trigen(sp?) with the rocket arms and the very large number of mercs that seem to have launchers with them, usually about 2miles away in a tower:P ,I kill those clowns with extreme prejudice. Personally, I like the shottie and the sniper rifle. Sometimes even the big machete is nice if you are being crowded. The monkey trigen love to get close and try to jump over your shots.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-04, 06:48 AM   #239
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

I'm still expressed w/ this game everytime I watch ubisoft logo come up but still I have two problems:
  • Unreal (1) like netcode (a majority of servers have excessive packetloss like no tomorrow)
  • Rocket wh0re's (time for a mutator, heh)
If they could release some kind of SDK kit and get a mod community going like Valve & Epic have established, it would definitely increase game life. Hate to see such an excellent game be put back on the shelf after few months due to the lack of expansion (maps, models, gametypes, etc...) Granted my comments are directed primarily towards multiplayer but seriously, how many times can you replay single player?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-04, 09:15 AM   #240
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malficar
I was speaking more to the big Trigen(sp?) with the rocket arms and the very large number of mercs that seem to have launchers with them, usually about 2miles away in a tower:P ,I kill those clowns with extreme prejudice. Personally, I like the shottie and the sniper rifle. Sometimes even the big machete is nice if you are being crowded. The monkey trigen love to get close and try to jump over your shots.
The ones with the rocket arms suck. Those are the ones that the rockets seem to be ineffective against. It takes at least 4 direct rocket strikes right on their face to bring them down, which is ridiculous. A shotty is a better weapon against those guys closer in, otherwise use a rifle.