Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-14-04, 07:24 AM   #265
The Punisher
nVidia GeForceFX 5900U

Default Re: ~ | Official FarCry (retail) Feedback Thread! | ~

Has anybody encountered sound problems? I'm using an Intel desktop board with SoundMAX built-in sound. In game sounds r so far okay but whenever cut scene r playing it goes silent. Tried disabling Doppler effects & enabling compatibility mode but still no sound. Is there any codecs that i need coz the cut scenes r in Bink Video format i think.
Old 04-14-04, 09:26 AM   #266
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

No problems here on an Audigy 2. Are you using the most recent drivers for your sound card?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-04, 02:56 PM   #267
SlamDunk

I have the very annoying popping/crackling sound bug with my Audigy 2. Newest drivers and updates. The sound occasionally makes (not all the time) very short and VERY loud "popping" when there's keyboard input. I REALLY hope Crytek has fixed that in the next patch.
SlamDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-04, 02:41 AM   #268
Rogozhin

just got the AMD64 up and running with a radeon 9800nonpro @ 412/400 with a gig of DDR400 and the 64 running 2.26ghz and with 4xaf, 2xAA with highest possible settings I'm getting 20s in AI infested areas and 40+ in everthing else.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-04, 07:37 AM   #269
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogozhin
just got the AMD64 up and running with a radeon 9800nonpro @ 412/400 with a gig of DDR400 and the 64 running 2.26ghz and with 4xaf, 2xAA with highest possible settings I'm getting 20s in AI infested areas and 40+ in everthing else.

Rogo
hrm...that doesn't sound right cause I avg the same fps w/ a 2.2ghz AXP & 9800P (no o'c) although I do have AA/AF off.

What rez you running at?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-04, 01:31 AM   #270
Rogozhin

Juice

It's 1024 but it's prepatch-I'm going to go run it right now post patch and see how the numbers change

I'll also try running it with noaa no af and see what the hit is-but suspect that if you turned on the 4xaf and 2xaa you'd be hit pretty hard.

rogo
Old 04-21-04, 09:18 AM   #271
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunk
I have the very annoying popping/crackling sound bug with my Audigy 2. Newest drivers and updates. The sound occasionally makes (not all the time) very short and VERY loud "popping" when there's keyboard input. I REALLY hope Crytek has fixed that in the next patch.
Hmm, I have the exact same problem. I've reinstalled my system a few times to try and sort it out. I thought I had narrowed it down to a codec problem, which I believe it was before, now I'm not so sure. If I had the CoreAAC audio decoder installed I got short popping sounds at regular intervals in UT2004 and Far Cry on the Audigy 2 ZS. Now I'm on a new install of Windows XP and only have DivX, Xvid, and the AC3 audio filter installed, and I still seem to get popping sounds, although they seem random now, not at regular intervals like before, and not nearly as frequent. Sort of frustrating that this Audigy is so sensitive to third party video and audio codecs...

Cheers,
Skippy

Last edited by skipparoo; 04-21-04 at 10:25 AM.
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-04, 02:40 PM   #272
SlamDunk

A few tips for Audigy 2 sound problems: http://www2.geek.com/discus/messages...tml?1070760323

I've tried all of those except the ACPI one.

Also, I get the same popping sound when I'm listening to music via WinAmp etc. and typing the same time (like now). The only "conflicts" my system has are a few memory addresses that are the same with a bunch of devices. No IRQ conflicts etc..

Old 04-21-04, 11:33 PM   #273
Rogozhin

That's wierd fellas, I'll have to keep this in mind for my customers-let me know if you get it figured out.

Personally I won't use creative products but I sell them

Rogo
Old 04-27-04, 05:51 AM   #274
SlamDunk

I've been reading stuff about using a USB keyboard instead of PS/2 keyboard fixes the popping sound issue.
Old 04-27-04, 10:25 AM   #275
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunk
I've been reading stuff about using a USB keyboard instead of PS/2 keyboard fixes the popping sound issue.
Hmm, I had thought about this one, and remember reading it somewhere a while ago. I might purchase one right away and see if it helps, thanks...

Cheers,
Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-04, 11:24 PM   #276
Vash
Angel Arms

Got my copy the other day. I was pretty skeptical after having played the demo - it looked nice, but there didn't seem to be much else there (and the bloody AI was a crack shot with an SMG from 100+ yards).

Sat talked me into getting it, and I gotta say I haven't had this much fun in an SP game since Half-Life. There are definitely periods of frustration, but I've started playing it more like Metal Gear Solid than Quake, and am having a lot more fun. 1152x864 with ultra high quality water, high quality everything else, AA set to medium with medium range anistropy is netting me 40-55 FPS during heavy gunfights.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote