Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-04, 01:05 PM   #13
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Default Re: How do you feel about warez?

I dont have alot of cash either, but I do try to buy the games I do want. Bought RavenShield a year ago, and just bought Athena Sword, has been the only game Ive played since Ive had it. I have DL full games in the past though.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 01:59 PM   #14
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

I buy mostly everything new, but I do like the concept of Abandonware....
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 02:05 PM   #15
Reaper106
Metal Maniac

I feel that Warez do nothing but ruin the gaming community.And lessen our gaming experiance by the dev's loosing money. I pay for my games to support the De v's and to keep the games rolling.

System 1
RAIDMAX SMILODON Case |ThermalTake 700WToughPower PS | ASUS P5N32-E SLI | INTEL Core 2 Duo E6600 | Corsair 2GB XMS2 PC6400 | Ge-Force 8800GTX | Creative Labs X-FI |Sony 16X DVD | Pioneer DVR112D 18X DVD Burner | Western Digital 320GB SATA II HDD | LogiTech z-5500 5.1 Speakers | NEC multisync LCD 1970GX | SaiteK Eclipse II keyboard | Windows Vista Premium 32Bit | APC 1500VA back-UPS BX1500LCD

System 2
NZXT Black Nemesis Elite Aluminium Tower|Antec 550W PS|ASUS A8N-SLI Premium|AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+|2GB Corsair PC3200 XMS 2x1024|EVGA 7800GTX|Creative Labs X-FI|Hitachi 160GB Hdd SATA|Sony 16x DVD|Pioneer DVR110 16X DVD+R/+RW DVD-R/-RW Dual Layer|WinXP Pro 32Bit|APC 1500VA BACK-UPS 1500XS
Reaper106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 08:58 PM   #16
Smashed

I'm not convinced warez is the huge problem a lot of developers make it out to be.

I'm probably like you in the sense that I downloaded games when I was in school but stopped once I had more disposable income and less free time. I can't say I know anyone who's my age and working and still wasting their time with Kazaa and ftp servers and all that.

Developers may lose some money from younger kids who can circumvent begging their parents for a game, but I think they really overestimate the number of pirates who'd buy their product if they had to pay for it.
Smashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 09:20 PM   #17
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I usually play games until I beat them, then create a CD image, burn that and sell off the original. 99% of the time I don't actually end up reinstalling the game but for those 1% (GTA3) I do like to have them around just in case I get bored. So in reality I do end up supporting developers by buying their games but I tend to get rid of them when I'm done.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 10:31 PM   #18
Riptide

Smashed, I'm convinced it is a problem as is evidenced by the number of acquaintances I personally have known that refuse to pay for most of their programs. What you are saying is probably true in that these same people may not pay for some of those games even if they were forced - they just wouldn't play them. And that's fine by me, which is the way it should be. Didn't buy it? Don't play it then..
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-04, 02:56 AM   #19
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

I feel warez is a must its more advanced demo run of games and software , thro it i discovered several games who sucked ars same for software considering there is so mutch of it blowing cash just becouse it got nice PR is nonsense.

Naturaly game or software i like alot i buy original for extra support.
Old 03-26-04, 03:34 AM   #20
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

If developers continue to produce good games Ill continue to buy them.

Now days I buy one or two games per month, (This month it's going to be 3)
I buy for both my consoles and my computer.

But yeah I have my share of copied software too as Im sure most ppl here have.
Some times Im just not willing to pay full price for games not that well supported (buggy games when released etc) It just makes me angry. But I tend to buy anyway. But usually I just don't say no if a friend brings me a copy of a game.

I don't download Isos and such anymore as I used to a few years ago.

Now when I make enugh money I think it's worth it to buy my games as often as I can.
In contrast to this I never buy music cds, the overall quallity is too low now days ... Artist mass production , I can's stand it ... I never download mp3s either so...

I haven't payed for winrar ... but I used to own a legit winzip but I don't use it as I think winrar is better.
The music apps I use are fully registered (legit of couarse)

I don't really care if ppl pirate all there software ... I do care about my software and feel pride about my big collection of games in there original boxes

What really get's to me though is this hipocritical view of Piracy. If you hang around on a game to be released forum there are usually lots of flaming between ppl who think others use pirated software and akt as if they were a saint, Im 110% that most of these ppl are no better them self, they just don't talk about it.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-04, 09:18 AM   #21
Riptide

FWIW, I'm certainly not perfect in this regard. I have a (ahem) cracked copy of winRAR that I haven't registered yet. Mainly because I hardly ever use it. But that's the rationalization...
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-04, 09:36 AM   #22
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
FWIW, I'm certainly not perfect in this regard. I have a (ahem) cracked copy of winRAR that I haven't registered yet. Mainly because I hardly ever use it. But that's the rationalization...
Bah, its better then a cracked copy of Windows....

BTW, i must have that same WinRAR version.....
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-04, 09:50 AM   #23
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Hmmm.. Well I cant afford a Porshe, here let me go steal one.

Not having money is not an excuse for not buying games. Its not fair to us who pay legally, and its not fair to the developers. Personally I feel if its a good game, buy it. I usually will only buy a game if I liked the demo, and if I didnt like it... hell, I wont play it!!
Old 03-26-04, 10:41 AM   #24
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

I find i play games so rarley these days that buying them absolutley has to get my addicted to the game. So i try LOOOOOOOONG before i buy, and if i dont like something its usualy uninstalled, if i do like it, i buy it. The one exception was ut2k4, i HAD to have that, bought it without even thinking twice.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote