Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-26-04, 11:38 AM   #25
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork
Default Re: How do you feel about warez?

I confess I have my own share of coppied software... but nothing too grand.

With reference to games, I too am amongst the group of people that can't afford them, hence my gaming library is pretty small. I do plan on buying FarCry and HL2 (yeah... someday) because they absolutely kick arse, even if my "contact" has already told me he can get me FC for free.

I do find it unfair that dev companies are getting screwed because of piracy, specially when their product is really good.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-04, 09:29 PM   #26
Smashed

Default Re: How do you feel about warez?

You might be right about the economic impact. My view is based just on myself and friends from school who are still gamers. Maybe there are a lot more well-off people pirating games than I think.

I can even agree with you on the ethical aspect. If you don't buy a game, you shouldn't be playing it. Free demos and reviews are readily available. If you don't think a game is worth its price, you can always wait a few months for it to be discounted.

Thing is I didn't really worry about whether I was acting ethically back when I was playing copied games, so I find it difficult to criticize others for doing the same. I also have to wonder whether I'd still be gaming and paying full retail today if I hadn't been using warez before.
Smashed is offline   Reply With Quote