Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-04, 01:43 PM   #1
DuffMan47

Default PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error HELP!

Every time I try to play a game in UT 2004, the fatal blue screen comes up with a stop message containing, "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error. It says that it is a graphical issue, but I don't know what to do! I have the latest Omega Drivers for my GeForce 4 Ti4600, so I have no clue as to what is causing such an error. I also get an error message containing, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with other drivers I had installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

-DuffMan47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You tried, and failed miserably! The lesson here: Never try" - Homer Simpson
DuffMan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 03:43 PM   #2
Riptide

Default Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error HELP!

The Page fault BSOD can be caused by bad memory. Have you tried looking it up on microsoft's technet website? There should be an article pertinent to that particular error. Also, make sure all drivers in your system are up to date as much as possible.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 09:15 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Those certainly are memory errors. If you have two sticks of memory, take one out and test. If you get the same problem, swap the sticks out. If you still have problems, then the issue probably is the memory controller on your motherboard. In which case you'll have to get the board replaced.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-04, 11:10 PM   #4
DuffMan47

I made sure that I had all up-to-date drivers for all of my hardware since it is a new computer. Well, not "new" new, I bought some parts off a buddy of mine and he told me that the memory nor the motherboard gave him any problems, much less the ones that I appear to be having. The only strange thing is: when I change to an *official* nVidia driver for my video card, the errors are more frequent...AND in the error itself, it lists the .dll file for my video card...maybe the RAM on the video card is shot? Anyone?

Thanks,
DuffMan47
Old 03-25-04, 11:52 PM   #5
Riptide

I think saturnotaku's suggestion is a good one. If you don't feel like fooling with the system memory physically just yet why don't you let memtest86 run all night long? Go download it and run it overnight. See what the results are... It's one of the best utilities out there, IMO. I still think it's probably your system RAM, not your video card @ this point.
Old 03-26-04, 12:45 AM   #6
DuffMan47

Thank you all for the expert advice but, saturnotaku, I only have ONE 512 stick...I will download that memory utility and keep you guys posted. I thank everybody for their expertise and generosity.

Thanks,
DuffMan47
Old 03-26-04, 09:03 AM   #7
Riptide

Let us know what happens w/memtest. If it fails, you'll want to try a different stick of memory if you can. Also, run memtest86 for at least 8 hours to be certain things are OK.
Old 03-26-04, 03:57 PM   #8
DuffMan47

OK...ran memtest for 13.5 hours and....nothing...not a single error. Now, I'm even MORE confused than before (if that's possible). Could it be anything else? or maybe the problem is so severe, that the program couldn't detect it...If anybody else has an opinion or even an experience with the problems I have been having, please share with me so that I may correct this problem quickly. Riptide, a special thanks goes out to you...I would have no idea what to do, and I thought I was pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff...now I feel like a retard ...soooo THANKS! LOL!

Thanks,
DuffMan47

"You tried, and failed miserably! The lesson here: Never try." - Homer Simpson

Old 03-26-04, 04:42 PM   #9
Riptide

There are two other things you can use to help further rule out actual hardware problems. Try running Prime95 for at least 6 hours on your machine. You can find it via a yahoo search. Another good program to test stability with is the SETI client. Run either/or of these two programs in Windows for extended periods and see if they crash. If they both are stable (I'd run them separately, btw) then it's unlikely IMO that your CPU, motherboard, or memory are the problem.

That leaves one of two things IMO: some sort of software issue is present -OR- your video card is getting flakey.

I'd consider rebuilding the machine from scratch if the tests I suggest above show no problems. If your issues continue after that then I'd think about getting a video card to swap in there and try.

And if all else fails, try posting on the forums @ www.abxzone.com. It's an excellent resource for problems such as these.
Old 03-27-04, 02:07 PM   #10
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Is your system doing this at random times or just with games? If it's flaky all the time, the problem is the memory controller on the motherboard. My P4 board died this way. Only thing to do was replace it.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 10:08 PM   #11
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Are you runnung a creative sound card + oc fsb?
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-04, 10:34 PM   #12
DuffMan47

The random crash only happens with games, saturn...and nope on the soundcard...I am going to be running the prime 95 program tonight...I'll keep you guys updated.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." - Homer Simpson