Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-01-04, 01:06 PM   #1
Moled
cheese

Default ACPI suspend, etc

anybody get it working yet?

if suspending from X (via "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state) my system powers down ok, but when turning it back on, my hdds etc spin up but no video output

the kb seems unresponsive too

if I exit x, then try to suspend I get a nice oops as attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nvoops1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	6716  Click image for larger version

Name:	nvoops2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	6717  
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-04, 11:55 AM   #2
jerickson314

Default Re: ACPI suspend, etc

Make sure you are using driver version 6106 (older versions don't support ACPI at all), and try with AGP support disabled (Option "NvAGP" "0" in XF86Config) or using NvAGP (Option "NvAGP" "1" after disabling agpgart in your kernel). Also, I do know that the driver doesn't support ACPI state S4 yet.

Unfortunately it does not work for me, as for some reason my ACPI setup doesn't support state S3, and for some reason my computer comes out of state S1 right when it goes down. (My screen just goes blank for about a second, and then comes back up. The system log reports going down and resuming.)

Hope this helps.
jerickson314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-04, 12:56 PM   #3
jerickson314

Default Re: ACPI suspend, etc

Update on my system:

The reason state S3 was not working was because it was disabled in the BIOS, and powersave was actually trying to use S3 when I thought it was using S1 because the option was called "standby".

Unfortunately, suspend with S3 doesn't work for me. Everything works except the graphics don't come up. But the keyboard does work, so I can do a proper restart. Also, suspend to the hard drive works if the nvidia kernel module is not running, although using rmmod nvidia causes hardware problems I have to fix using the YaST system repair tool from my SuSE 9.1 install DVD (I haven't tried reinstalling the driver, that would probably also fix them). I haven't gotten any kernel oops during the process that I can recall.
jerickson314 is offline   Reply With Quote