Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-04, 05:10 PM   #25
Rollo

Default Re: Woot! 5800U arrives!

Don't be hatin' ATI Fans!
All I meant by that "Don't buy the ATI AA is "superior" hype" is that while it may be better on ATI as evidenced by pinwheels and magnified stillshots, in actual game play there's not a huge difference that's evident to the naked eye while you run around in the game.
I was trying to say the IQ at the settings I play at seems comparable, that's all.

Man, you guys have some issues. The 5800U is "slow" compared to WHAT? It's basically the same speed as a 9700Pro, and last I checked, that's still a pretty good card.

It's as noisey as a big OCer fan I put on my Athlon XP system, but when the games are playing and you have the sound on, it's not all that noticeable.

I was bored with the 9800 Pro, plain and simple. I had it for 8 months, I had a 9700 Pro for 8 months before that.
I'm going to buy the better of the nV40 vs R420 dual in a few months, so what the heck do you guys care if I play with a 5800 Ultra for a while?

LOL- you'd think I burned down your houses and shot your families as they ran out, rather than trade a video card for another video card.

"Heavens to Betsy! The 5800U! Hide the kids! Kill the monster!"
Old 03-27-04, 05:18 PM   #26
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlilchild6
Wow.. cry more idiot.

I'm sorry I'm being completely honest. At least I'm not like every other ATi fan boy who just bases his beliefs on benchmarks and what he reads off of websites. Like I already stated, I've owned both cards, so I can tell you first hand which is better at what. And believe me, the 5800 Ultra is trash. Ask Jakup... go for it, tell him... "Jakup, what do you think about the 5800Ultra since you owned one, and how does it compare to a 9800PRO, since you happen to own one of those also?"

He'll tell you the same thing I did, the 5800U is a POS, and those who love can continue to enjoy whatever makes them happy, regardless of whether it's trash or not.
Hmmm. I can post links to lots of benchmarks that show the speed is about the same as a 9700Pro, and the IQ issues were fixed about a year ago, so how is it trash, Mr. ATI Fan?
Because it's louder in 3d? Since it's quieter in 2d than any 9700/9800, does that make them "trash" because you're in 2d more than gaming??????

LOL it cracks me up when guys try to go all elitist over soemthing as inexpensive as gaming video cards. Got news for you, Mr Ontario where everything costs an arm and a leg, here in the states, about anybody with a job can buy any video card they want. (so there's not some elite club of 9800 owners like there is say, Ferrari owners)
Yep, down here, a kid working at McDonalds can make enough for a 9800 Pro in a week or two. LOL
Old 03-27-04, 05:19 PM   #27
ChrisRay

People here are freaken amazing. I cant believe the mods tolerate this garbage,

Insecurity is being taken to a whole new level in threads on Ngemu these days.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 03-27-04, 05:22 PM   #28
wshadow
Mac Tech by day...PC:)

Well i have a EvGA 5800 ultra, it plays fine, couldnt beat it for buying it for 225 when it was selling for 400 or so....Runs Farcry ok with all medium, trilinear, 1x antistrop, no anti alias....did the patch and gonna try to turn it on....the 9800 xt chokes on FARCRY with max out and anti aliasing, on, time for the NV40 or the R420....but as of now, my hairdrying videocard is obselete...for 200 bucks you can get a 9800 pro, which is a bit better and you dont have turn turn up the speakers 10 more decibels:P
p4 3.0 with 8ik1100, 1gig corsair 433 xms,6600 GT,enermax 460w, Silverstone lc03 black, logitech z-680, Samsung 910t, audigy 2,liteon external 8dvdrw,WD SATA 120gb, 36g raptor,DVD Xpress,nostromo n52,mx1000 . all powered by your mom!!!

The only state Palestine is, is a state of Terrorism.

United under GOD! If you arent under GOD, then dont call yourself American. Allah isnt GOD.
Old 03-27-04, 05:22 PM   #29
Rollo

Quote:
Unfortunately, I know someone who shares the same unfortunate fate as you. He's mine and Jakups co-worker, and he owns a Fifty-gay-hundred Ultra. And yes, he wants a 9800PRO because he knows it's the shiz-nit

Hmmmm. For a place that's "partial to nVidia" cards, I sometimes wonder why these rabid ATI zealots aren't censored more?

Apparently the nVidia Graphics Card Forum is also the "nVidia Slandering homophobic 9800 Pro is teh Roxor" forum as well. Interesting.
Old 03-27-04, 05:26 PM   #30
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
All I meant by that "Don't buy the ATI AA is "superior" hype" is that while it may be better on ATI as evidenced by pinwheels and magnified stillshots, in actual game play there's not a huge difference that's evident to the naked eye while you run around in the game.
How about when you stop and explore and look at things, I bet there is no huge difference between nv 8xAA and no AA at all WHILE YOU RUN AROUND IN THE GAME
Old 03-27-04, 05:31 PM   #31
Rollo

Quote:
You wanna get into this pal? I've owned every Nvidia graphics card from the Geforce 2MX up to the 5900NU... every last card was awesome until I hit the FX-line of cards, there's where the buck stopped... pieces of ****. That's when I got my first ATi card, the 9700PRO..... it was so nice to get nice FPS's at 16x12 in Freelancer, whereas the POS 5800U would chug like no other.

Go play some solitaire Mc Donalds boy, someday you'll have a nice graphics card.
But Mr. ATI Fan- I work in IS and have a BS and a BA from a Big 10 college, I don't work at McDonalds. I only remembered the Ontario from your signature and was making a point that here in this country, as 9800Pros are only $200, even fast food workers can afford them. You seemed to be trying to say they're hard to come by.

Anyway, I paid $379 for mine last year when they came out, and I was bored with it. I'm sorry you feel the need to put other people down and go all postal when they try new video cards, maybe a therapist and some anti depressants would be in order?
Old 03-27-04, 05:36 PM   #32
Lostlilchild6

Send a message via AIM to Lostlilchild6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
But Mr. ATI Fan- I work in IS and have a BS and a BA from a Big 10 college, I don't work at McDonalds. I only remembered the Ontario from your signature and was making a point that here in this country, as 9800Pros are only $200, even fast food workers can afford them. You seemed to be trying to say they're hard to come by.

Anyway, I paid $379 for mine last year when they came out, and I was bored with it. I'm sorry you feel the need to put other people down and go all postal when they try new video cards, maybe a therapist and some anti depressants would be in order?

You implied that I was Canadian... more than enough reason to go Postal. Add that, plus saying the 5800 Ultra is a good card, and you have yourself some good ol fashion flame bait.

Old 03-27-04, 06:06 PM   #33
micron

Send a message via MSN to micron

This guy better have "Banned" written under his name soon....
HIS X1900GT IceQ 3 @700/1600 1.45v
Old 03-27-04, 06:32 PM   #34
Rollo

Quote:
You implied that I was Canadian... more than enough reason to go Postal. Add that, plus saying the 5800 Ultra is a good card, and you have yourself some good ol fashion flame bait.
I thought you were Canadian, there's nothing wrong with that last I checked. I was just trying to say that down here, 9800Pros have gotten so cheap they're well within reach of anyone, not an elite hardcore gamers card anymore. (not to mention the fact that I already owned one)

Saying a 5800 Ultra is a good card is flamebait on a nVidia forum?!?!

Dude I just went through a LOT to get a 5800 Ultra.

I bought an Abit 5800 on EBAY for $202, because it had 1GHz RAM on it. The guy ripped me off and sent me a DOA card, then tried to sucker me in to a scam to defraud Abit for another one.
I traded my 9800 Pro, which I paid $379 for 8-9 months ago, for a 5800Ultra.

I come on to the nVidia owners forum, happy as heck with my trade and to be running some new unique hardware, and I get guys like you calling me names, flaming nVidia, trashing other members, and saying my new card suxorz for reasons that still haven't been defined further than "Well it sux" or "The 9800 Pro is just better".

Well yeah, overall it may be a little better, but I play online shooters 98% of the time for my gaming. I have an Audigy 2 and Creative FPS2000 4/1, and my computer is in a 400 square foot rec room. With the game playing, I can't notice the noise much. In game play, I can't notice the difference at any game so far except Far Cry. I did say there was a little difference at UT2004, but I had to turn on the counter to see it was 10 fps slower.

So if you want to talk about "flamebait" re-read your posts and look in the mirror. The guy looking back has some issues with insecurity. (and my BA is in Psych, so I have some idea what I'm talking about here)
Old 03-27-04, 10:18 PM   #35
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Shut up, shut up, shut up. You probably were Canadian in a previous life.
Old 03-27-04, 10:20 PM   #36
freak77power

GFX 5800 Ultra is not bad card...it will run Doom 3 fine, and you can play all games with decent frame rate and quality....It's not all high and so on, but...
Closed Thread