Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-04, 12:22 AM   #37
quik_2_win

Default Re: Woot! 5800U arrives!

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel the need to put other people down and go all postal when they try new video cards, maybe a therapist and some anti depressants would be in order?
Seems the got
Old 03-28-04, 02:03 AM   #38
eesa
the original postmasta'

hmm... this has been entertaining. Leave the guy alone. If I had the money, I wouldn't mind playing around with a 5800U. I wouldn't buy it if it was my only card, but again it would be fun. The guy's happy, isn't that all that matters? People are acting like he bought it by stealing their money....

Come to think about it, I really wouldn't mind getting my hands on a v5 simply to play UT in glide....
Old 03-28-04, 02:56 AM   #39
Fede Pede

Happy Gaming with your new Toy.
Old 03-28-04, 03:18 AM   #40
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

with these great forums, you have to learn to filter out the people that look for a "mine video card is bigger than yours" arguement. the 5800 is a great card for your uses! enjoy it! people flame it ow, but it will be a rare classic like the voodoo 5 5500 someday!
Old 03-28-04, 06:29 AM   #41
pakotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
I thought you were Canadian, there's nothing wrong with that last I checked. I was just trying to say that down here, 9800Pros have gotten so cheap they're well within reach of anyone, not an elite hardcore gamers card anymore. (not to mention the fact that I already owned one)

Saying a 5800 Ultra is a good card is flamebait on a nVidia forum?!?!

Dude I just went through a LOT to get a 5800 Ultra.

I bought an Abit 5800 on EBAY for $202, because it had 1GHz RAM on it. The guy ripped me off and sent me a DOA card, then tried to sucker me in to a scam to defraud Abit for another one.
I traded my 9800 Pro, which I paid $379 for 8-9 months ago, for a 5800Ultra.

I come on to the nVidia owners forum, happy as heck with my trade and to be running some new unique hardware, and I get guys like you calling me names, flaming nVidia, trashing other members, and saying my new card suxorz for reasons that still haven't been defined further than "Well it sux" or "The 9800 Pro is just better".

Well yeah, overall it may be a little better, but I play online shooters 98% of the time for my gaming. I have an Audigy 2 and Creative FPS2000 4/1, and my computer is in a 400 square foot rec room. With the game playing, I can't notice the noise much. In game play, I can't notice the difference at any game so far except Far Cry. I did say there was a little difference at UT2004, but I had to turn on the counter to see it was 10 fps slower.

So if you want to talk about "flamebait" re-read your posts and look in the mirror. The guy looking back has some issues with insecurity. (and my BA is in Psych, so I have some idea what I'm talking about here)

it was a pointless trade. of course if this card is what makes you happy, then by all means. you are right in that the average user will not notice a difference. this is fine.

what isn't fine is being offensive to other members here. bragging about your Ivy class education and the amount of money you make is not only disrespectful to those people who don't have what you have, but it also has no place in this discussion. if I were a mod I would warn you, and ban you if you did not desist.

btw, your degrees are not impressive. a word of advice: if you brag, brag with ammunition.

Old 03-28-04, 06:56 AM   #42
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
I really dont think the card is a piece of ****, But compared to a 9800 Pro? Just doesnt have the bandwith or the shader power.

Anyway, You shouldnt be so spiteful jakup, you know there are legitimate reasons to prefer one IHV over another
Stop taking words out of my mouth ....

Excellent points, all are correct, especially the last

Regrds
Andy
Old 03-28-04, 07:08 AM   #43
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Shut up, shut up, shut up. You probably were Canadian in a previous life.
And could get maple syrup out of him , he's so bark-ing

I love that last smilie, it looks so rude

Seriously though I think most would tread the middle ground and say

1) The 9800 Pro has better AA and is faster
2) The 5800U has novelty value and is decent enough, they overclock fine but they do run hot.
3) When you are running and around and shooting, unless you are running at 640x480 the jaggies are not overwhelming, certainly are not big enough for an enemy to hide behind and gain advantage.

Has anyone mentioned drivers yet ? Can I can I can I ..please ?

Sorry, bit of a funny mood today, and I'm sober. Lets just hope we don't have a poll on whether nv40 will beat nv30 by more than 12.452% .... yes, no, maybe, arrrghh.

Regards

Andy ( mad )
Old 03-28-04, 08:28 AM   #44
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well this went downhill fast

Closed Thread