Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-31-04, 08:52 PM   #133
StealthHawk

Default Re: Far Cry shows how pitiful GeForceFX is in DX9 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty
um.. no it doesn't. Things use more pixels, so they're the same size, but more detailed.

A fullscreen poly at 1024x768 is still the same size as a fullscreen poly at 1600x1200. The latter just has more pixels to make it up, and therefore has more detail.
Nutty is right.

The common misconception is that increasing the resolution makes things smaller in games, which is untrue. There is an illusion of everything on the screen getting smaller because HUD size, text size, and crosshair size usually all decrease. However, the FOV is locked in almost all FPS games, and increasing the resolution does not increase the viewable area- objects in the game are not getting smaller at all. You should be able to test this yourself be taking screenshots and verifying that high and low resolution show the exact same things on the screen.

In 2D/Desktop this of course does not hold true since there is no FOV, and increasing resolution in such instances will make everything smaller. All the old 2d Command & Conquer games, for example, where increasing resolution gives you an advantage over lower resolution as you can see more of the map at one time on the screen. Some 3d games might even behave this way too, but certainly not FPS games for the reason mentioned.
[URL=http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25401]NVIDIA NV2x/NV3x FSAA Thread[/URL] | [URL=http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23427]Super Sampling + AF Thread[/URL] | [URL=http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19604]NV3x Texture Filtering Thread[/URL]
[/size]
StealthHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-04, 09:01 PM   #134
Drumphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Jesus christ whos arguing? I was saying how I like to play my games, good lord

I never said you were "arguing", I was just discussing "arguments" over the IQ vs speed issue. Its quite possible to discuss arguments without saying that someone is "arguing" where that =(bad+malicious).. Dictionary time..
Old 04-01-04, 12:08 AM   #135
CaiNaM

doh, color me stupid.. i stand corrected.

fixed fov would obviously change that..
CaiNaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-04, 01:24 AM   #136
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumphil
I never said you were "arguing", I was just discussing "arguments" over the IQ vs speed issue. Its quite possible to discuss arguments without saying that someone is "arguing" where that =(bad+malicious).. Dictionary time..
It'll be time for something else if you folks don't stop going out of your way to annoy the hell out of me...
Old 04-01-04, 03:31 AM   #137
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

Have you people lost it here? You guys or some of you are totally off topic. What the **** does Orange Socks have to do with the damn game and the fact it sucks on Nvidia Cards in DX9 performance. Try to be more on what da hell is going on here.

The game doesn't run on Nvidia Cards that well because your not doing something right to make it work. When i install games and tweak the settings to fit the card i have, i also go into the .ini settings or config settings and comb through all the lines and tweak things to work well and i got to say this game works very well with FarCry at 1600 1200 with a mix of AA and AF so if the game sucks on Nvidia cards than its obvious its the user not the system. Thank you and high edge and Saturnotaku.
fingermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-04, 03:39 AM   #138
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingermouth
Have you people lost it here? You guys or some of you are totally off topic. What the **** does Orange Socks have to do with the damn game and the fact it sucks on Nvidia Cards in DX9 performance. Try to be more on what da hell is going on here.

The game doesn't run on Nvidia Cards that well because your not doing something right to make it work. When i install games and tweak the settings to fit the card i have, i also go into the .ini settings or config settings and comb through all the lines and tweak things to work well and i got to say this game works very well with FarCry at 1600 1200 with a mix of AA and AF so if the game sucks on Nvidia cards than its obvious its the user not the system. Thank you and high edge and Saturnotaku.

Theres been at least 8 and half pages about it, I doubt the original poster even cares now ;p

As a matter of fact, I question the use of this thread. Tho I guess its good to get post activity on the forums.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-04, 03:42 AM   #139
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

El galla del ord_io la rezo Me_omo Popo_sepa. Its nothing to do with the damn game. Lol Try this for this game at 1024 768 use normal eye candy being set everything in middle for decent visuals with speed if you have a mid range system and the game will play. For those who want speed with good eye candy than use 800 600 high settings. For those who wanna push their high end cards with P4's at 800Fsb with atleast a 5900ultra than 1280 1024 or 960 with max settings will do it. 1600 1200 will not offer anything the eye can see with this game execpt make the menus smaller besides you want 1280+ to see console commands and messeges from players or in game. I use 1600 1200 with holy **** mode figure of speeck from UT2k4 because im more into eye candy and decent framerate for playing this beutiful game.

Hope this helped some of you oh and ATI can run this game well better than Nvdia in PS2. but who cares you can't really see it anyway.
Old 04-01-04, 03:44 AM   #140
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

Good town Tulsa Roy D Mercer country. read my post regarding in game stuff and goto farcry website and theirs some stuff you can do to tweak the game.

Old 04-01-04, 10:11 AM   #141
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingermouth
What the **** does Orange Socks have to do with the damn game and the fact it sucks on Nvidia Cards in DX9 performance.
The orange socks was a bit of satire thrown in at those bitching at me
Old 04-01-04, 01:51 PM   #142
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

At You. You aint no king or saint. Im da man in these waters baby. Lol being silly messing with ya. Their messing with you. Be a man deal with it. Its called life
Old 04-01-04, 11:04 PM   #143
Drumphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
It'll be time for something else if you folks don't stop going out of your way to annoy the hell out of me...
so threaten me then, thats the way to show up whos got the attitude problem. Oh well, you're the mod, go for your life. Gee, I was really trying to attack you too, so I guess i deserve a kick in the head. I didn't think all this was that serious (and certainly not personal), but apparently... Anyways, this thread should probably be closed.. Technical argument is fine, but when you take out the "technical" part and just leave the "argument" its all over.

Last edited by Drumphil; 04-01-04 at 11:29 PM.
Drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-04, 11:13 PM   #144
Cota

Vamp strikes again...
Cota is offline   Reply With Quote