Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-04, 05:44 PM   #1
ChrisRay

Default Getten a little hot around here...

And by Hot I mean flames. So Many threads, So many flames. So little respect between users, (Ya I'm also guildty )

Just a few bloopers to make a note....

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26571

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26576

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26439

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26569

Maybe its the change of season as we slowly migrate over to spring and summer but hot blood sure does seem to be boiling..
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 07:05 PM   #2
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Getten a little hot around here...

so who's gonna take off all their clothes?
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 07:52 PM   #3
Miksu

Well, I'm not getting the thing why person like vampireuk is posting threads like this in these forums. Unless you want to get rid of persons like Catalyst maker and don't have the guts to ask them to leave.
Miksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 08:35 PM   #4
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksu
Well, I'm not getting the thing why person like vampireuk is posting threads like this in these forums. Unless you want to get rid of persons like Catalyst maker and don't have the guts to ask them to leave.
Not sure that Vamp's post was what you paint it to be. It was extremely mild tongue and cheek-ish. Far, far worse has been posted here about both ATI and NVIDIA regarding drivers, IQ, shaders, etc, etc, etc.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 08:39 PM   #5
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Did someone said FLAMES FireMan to the rescue

P.S only fireman emoticon i could find
Old 03-27-04, 10:32 PM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksu
Unless you want to get rid of persons like Catalyst maker and don't have the guts to ask them to leave.
Not like he posts much here anyway. Someone else always announces new drivers before him, and then his response is, "Yep, we got them new drivers out, go downloads 'em at our site." God forbid he actually try to answer some of the criticism. And don't give me that whole ATI feedback section crap. I've used it for the past several driver releases (regarding OpenGL gamma problems among others) and fat lot of good it's done.

Perhaps ATI can form a committee to study the possibility of them thinking about changing their policy for beta testing and driver releases.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-04, 11:10 PM   #7
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

the post/flame ratio always gets a little retarded around pre-release time... it's a known pattern...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-04, 02:55 AM   #8
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

/me slaps Rage with a Political Corrrectness Handbook

Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-04, 06:47 AM   #9
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Not like he posts much here anyway. Someone else always announces new drivers before him, and then his response is, "Yep, we got them new drivers out, go downloads 'em at our site." God forbid he actually try to answer some of the criticism. And don't give me that whole ATI feedback section crap. I've used it for the past several driver releases (regarding OpenGL gamma problems among others) and fat lot of good it's done.

Perhaps ATI can form a committee to study the possibility of them thinking about changing their policy for beta testing and driver releases.
So true, I've submitted so many problems to the feedback section and nothing has changed. I've posted in the threads where he asks for feedback about the same problems and nothing again.

Quote:
God forbid I inject a little humour into a message board

Edit: I post a little joke about the degrading quality of the Catalyst drivers and suddenly I'm trying to evily drive away any ATI employees, I post a major problem about the drivers and I'm a fanboy who should stop playing such old games "coz thye are liek teh lame old gamez LOLZ!!1"

Really people we have actually been hiding something from you over these past months, problems arising, posters vanishing never to return. I'm sorry but I have to rat Mike out here, the real reason behind this is, Majestic 12

Or is it the knights templar....

http://www.majesticdocuments.com/

They are here
Old 03-28-04, 06:57 AM   #10
Andre_hazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
God forbid I inject a little humour into a message board

Edit: I post a little joke about the degrading quality of the Catalyst drivers and suddenly I'm trying to evily drive away any ATI employees, I post a major problem about the drivers and I'm a fanboy who should stop playing such old games "coz thye are liek teh lame old gamez LOLZ!!1"

Really people we have actually been hiding something from you over these past months, problems arising, posters vanishing never to return. I'm sorry but I have to rat Mike out here, the real reason behind this is, Majestic 12

Or is it the knights templar....

http://www.majesticdocuments.com/

They are here
Yup, posts vanishing. Posters banned before they even post. Poster being accused of trolling and fanboyism by a fanboy mod. Please
Andre_hazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-04, 07:00 AM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_hazes
Yup, posts vanishing. Posters banned before they even post. Poster being accused of trolling and fanboyism by a fanboy mod. Please
You mean a NVIDIA fanboy mod, with a 9700 pro? And the posters banned before they post, a guy that constantly re-registered after he was banned and we caught him out before he could start trolling again

Wow you kids really are stretching for reasons to try and discredit us these days arnt you?
Old 03-28-04, 07:10 AM   #12
Andre_hazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
You mean a NVIDIA fanboy mod, with a 9700 pro? And the posters banned before they post, a guy that constantly re-registered after he was banned and we caught him out before he could start trolling again

Wow you kids really are stretching for reasons to try and discredit us these days arnt you?
Everyone his own...

In my opinion a mod lis like a policeman. He reprsents an assinged authority. He determines who abides the law and who not. He decides when he intervines and takes action. This role is surelu needed. But has to be done in an imparcial way. Making jokes of one IHV and banning posters who are subjective to on IHV but not banning psters who are subjective to another IHV is not being imparcial.

Than again. All posters that sign up to NVnews (or any other forum) agree that the mods can take action without explaining the reason. So legally all poster have to agree with any action taken by a mod.
Andre_hazes is offline   Reply With Quote