Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-02, 08:05 PM   #1
hassasin

Default monitor Sony SDM-S51 and Geforce4 problem

Hi.

I have a SDM-S51 monitor and a Geforce 4 4200 TI. The problem is that i can not see any text totally clear, i see all the texts `out of focus`. I have tried to tune the `FASE` buttom on the front pannel of the monitor, but it still is not clear at all. Before, i had a Geforce 2 MX and the same monitor, and the text appeared perfectly on the screen, so i assume that there is a problem beetwen the Geforce 4 and the SDM-S51.

Have you heared something about this? what can i do?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-02, 09:09 PM   #2
OliverRedfox

Who made your video card? There is suppose to be filter on the graphics card that stops that problem, it is possible that either the maker of your card cut corners and used cheap parts on the filter, or didn't use one at all. If it isn't some no-name brand, you may have a bad filter on your card and simply need to replace the card. If it is a no-name brand, you may want to switch to a better companys board.
OliverRedfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 10:44 AM   #3
hassasin

Default It is a Winfast

Well, my card is a Leadtek WinFast.

It works perfectly on Win98. The text-distorssion only happens when i use Windows XP.

Thanks for your answer.
Old 10-12-02, 02:11 PM   #4
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Have you enabled Clear Type on XP? That should clear up any text distortion on your screen (and make text look infinitely better than it does in Win 98). To enable it, go to your dispaly properties, appearance tab, then click the "Effects" button. Check the box to enable the smoothing of edges of screen fonts and select Clear Type from the drop down menu. Hit OK, then Apply and you're done.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 05:10 PM   #5
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

yeah, that should definately do it, look for a program called cleartweak or use tweak-xp pro, they have more cleartype options than standward windows. it makes it even more clearer.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote