Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-04, 09:38 PM   #1
NightFire
Bu Zi You, Wo Ning Si

Send a message via MSN to NightFire
Default Question

Wow...lot's of banning going on.
I've only been here a few weeks, maybe even a month, but is it always this busy, or do the idiots and trolls only pop up during major product releases?
Good job on catching everyone though.
The admin must work very hard.
Do you guys get paid?
Who is your master?
Take me to your leader...

SteelSoft Incorporated
Specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2.5GHz/512 MB PC2700 RAM/80 GB Western Digital Caviar/15 GB Maxtor/Diamond Viper X1950XT 256MB/Dell 1907FP 19" LCD Monitor/ASRock 939Dual SATA-2/1.44 MB Floppy/40x-12x-48x CD-RW/8x DVD-ROM
Old 05-05-04, 10:06 PM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire
I've only been here a few weeks, maybe even a month, but is it always this busy, or do the idiots and trolls only pop up during major product releases?
There are idiots and trolls every day/week around here. But they tend to concentrate more during product launches. We used to get lots of Rage3D refugees, especially during the R8500/GeForce3 days (ah the memories).

Kudos are definitely in order to MikeC (site owner), JuiceZ (forum admin) and all the other mods for their fine work in trying to keep things under control. This forum is one of the best on the web. This place has been my Internet home since January 2001, and though there have been some rough times, nV News remains leaps and bounds above most computer tech sites out there. For news and overall quality, I think this place is right up there with Anand.
Old 05-06-04, 12:26 PM   #3
terabyte

Talking Re: Question

I've seen 2 maybe 3 people here with banned under their names in past 2 days. I'm guessing they were trying to promote ATI cards heavily here..?-

Old 05-06-04, 02:15 PM   #4
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Just trying to keep the fanboisms to a minimal. Been some crazy weeks lately...
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 05-06-04, 02:19 PM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte
I've seen 2 maybe 3 people here with banned under their names in past 2 days. I'm guessing they were trying to promote ATI cards heavily here..?-

It doesn't matter who you support - a fanboy is a fanboy. nV News is an equal opportunity banishment forum.
Old 05-06-04, 02:47 PM   #6
DMA
Zzzleepy

There's alot of sick people out there and it's pretty sad to see. No wonder zoloft is a top selling drug.

But at the same time i guess it's better if these poor bastards sit at home "dealing" with their anger/mental problems trolling discussion forums than run around out on the streets.

*Shrug*
Old 05-06-04, 02:53 PM   #7
terabyte

I thought this site was for people who leaned mostly to Nvidia's side. saturnotaku, If and i'm not saying it isn't, what you say is true it should definately be enforced at Rage3d.com. They have a real problem with a few there that boast ATI way to high, I'm sure you know at least one i'm talking about.

I'm considering buying ATI card this time after 3 Nvidia cards, even though I think ATI has an advantage I find it difficult to consider...I have a friend recently who had severe problems with her ATI card in a star wars game. . she ended up getting an Nvidia card in order to play that game.
Old 05-06-04, 03:01 PM   #8
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

We cater to ATI and NVIDIA fans, we just hate trolls. There is a small group who have nothing to do but register and get banned and re-register all day. They have nothing better to do but hey its fun for us

Old 05-06-04, 03:01 PM   #9
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire
Good job on catching everyone though.
The admin must work very hard.
Do you guys get paid?
Who is your master?
Take me to your leader...
There are some people with nothing better in life to do than to be a threadclown. They must get a real kick out of it or something, sad. At any rate, yes it does pick up around product launches and script kiddies think they are some kind of Billy Bad Ass genius because they've "discovered" what even my grandmother knows about and that is proxy servers and other methods of masking/changing their IP address or the like. Anyone can do it. It's not cute or clever, just lame.
Old 05-06-04, 04:12 PM   #10
shootingblanks

Some bannings have been because some people can't take defeat, they have been looking forward to regaining the crown, and now are sad.
Old 05-06-04, 04:19 PM   #11
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingblanks
Some bannings have been because some people can't take defeat, they have been looking forward to regaining the crown, and now are sad.
Creedamd could you stop with this mess. I am going to take legal action against you if you do not stop. You need help you are obsessed with me and my website is there no one in your family to help you?
Old 05-06-04, 04:22 PM   #12
shootingblanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Creedamd could you stop with this mess. I am going to take legal action against you if you do not stop. You need help you are obsessed me and my website is there no one in your family to help you?
Why did you ban me in the first place?

I emailed you asking why my account was deactivated, and asked if I toned down whatever got me banned could I come back. Then I was IP banned. I dont even know why I was banned in the first place. Just tell me and I will leave. I have never been banned anywhere before and try to show respect.
Closed Thread