Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-18-04, 09:28 PM   #229
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: I Played FarCry with Pixel Shader 3.0

Well I know.. but I still like shiney rocks...
Old 05-18-04, 09:29 PM   #230
walkndude

at this point, funniest thread ever...
Old 05-18-04, 09:30 PM   #231
hovz

not 1 of those rock beaches shows specular properties maxpower. yes jakup it looks neat it just urked me for some reason when you said how realistic it looks.
hovz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-04, 09:30 PM   #232
Clay

Oh I thought you were just kidding around but you are serious? Um....some rocks...are...hee hee...shiny...and um...water...makes things wet...hee hee...and wet stuff is usually shiny. I cannot believe this is even a point of discussion. Oh well, getting a good laugh out of it.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-04, 09:32 PM   #233
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovz
not 1 of those rock beaches shows specular properties maxpower. yes jakup it looks neat it just urked me for some reason when you said how realistic it looks.
Welp, I apparently don't know a shiny rock when I see one. Thanks for edumacating me!

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.

Old 05-18-04, 09:33 PM   #234
hovz

um..heee....he....he the types of rocks that display specular effects are...um....hee...hee.. very rarely on beaches.....and when they are...they...umm...are in small quantities. wet rocks also do not show specular lighting effects unless...umm..they are a....um... mineral...type...of....rock...for example a....umm...crystal
Old 05-18-04, 09:35 PM   #235
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Exclamation Re: I Played FarCry with Pixel Shader 3.0

Breaking News!!!

Quote:
My last trip to the Barnegat Light jettly left me with a nice sovenir on my shins. I guess I learned not to step on the black, wet, shiny rocks!
http://merana67.tripod.com/surffishi...ber_1_1999.htmf

Conclusion:
Wet rocks are shiny, and indeed slippery.

Old 05-18-04, 09:35 PM   #236
hovz

how about this. go outside, pick up a rock, bring it inside, put it under the faucet, go back otuside in the sun and see if it has specular properties

Old 05-18-04, 09:35 PM   #237
Clay

Quote:
um..heee....he....he the types of rocks that display specular effects are...um....hee...hee.. very rarely on beaches.....and when they are...they...umm...are in small quantities. wet rocks also do not show specular lighting effects unless...umm..they are a....um... mineral...type...of....rock...for example a....umm...crystal
You, sir, are silly.

http://www.trekshare.com/members/sky...image52227.jpg

I bet if I wanted to waste my time with this discussion any further I could find about, oh, 4,000 more pictures of shiny rocks but I've got better things to do.

Old 05-18-04, 09:37 PM   #238
Clay

http://www.mageesci.com/Antarctic/Tr...febreport.html second to last paragraph... you should call them up and tell them that they did NOT see shiny rocks, they were mistaken.

Old 05-18-04, 09:37 PM   #239
Jarred
OUTCAST

Quote:
I"m not exactly sure I follow what your trying to say... as far as I'm concerned, everything has a specular property to it, it all just depends on how much.

And, wet rocks do have specular lighting effects on them. but maybe I'm mis-inturpeting what you mean by "lighting effect"

because I'm not as busy as MAx and I don't have better things to do

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein
Jarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-04, 09:40 PM   #240
Jarred
OUTCAST

Quote:
how about this. go outside, pick up a rock, bring it inside, put it under the faucet, go back otuside in the sun and see if it has specular properties
it most definitely would dude. like I mentioned before Everything has specular property to it, it all just depends on how much.

specular

adj : capable of reflecting light like a mirror; "mirrorlike surface of the lake"; "a specular metal"

IMO everything reflects some amount of light, I am lead to believe that everything has at least a small bit of specular propety to it, even cloth, (it's just the same color of the cloth and it's VERY minor.)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein
Jarred is offline   Reply With Quote