Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-04, 12:35 PM   #157
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Thief 3 Deadly Shadows thread

What do you mean? Worse graphics card? I used to use these on my 4600 ti and they looks great. You shouldn't receive any sort of a performance hit when using them either.

But here are a few shots :\.

Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:39 PM   #158
stonesy

I mean say, a graphics card that aint as good as mine atm, (not being big headed) I mean that say if I used these Textures on a worse graphics card than my 6800 Ultra.. Will say, Having High texture settings on make any difference if the textures are naturally already of high quality?
stonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:51 PM   #159
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

It shouldn't.
Old 09-03-04, 06:03 PM   #160
stonesy

Hmm these skins are very very good, and I don't even notice a load time increase and I've got all of the skins installed. Ashame there isn't any upgrades for the peasants they kinda look weird, now there walking amongst a high quality enviroment they stick out a bit. If anyone could upload a picture for me I'd appreciate it, i'll send the bigger file and you could downsize it for me as my Photoshop compression makes the picture distorted.
Old 09-03-04, 06:11 PM   #161
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah... that is what I like about the skins... they make it look much better and have no hit on performance.... John P. is always updating so you will probably see more skins sometime... just visit his site regularly.
Old 09-04-04, 12:15 PM   #162
stonesy

Yeah I see it's been recently updated, still its ashame there aint no peasant skins that would be great. Hopefully thats his next big skin pack I hope... BTW does anyone else see not much of a difference on the Water Arrow skin update.. I can't see any difference between the two.
Old 09-05-04, 07:56 PM   #163
ynnek

I may be spoiled by Doom3, Farcry, and perhaps even CS:S, but the graphics of Thief aren't that great.

Top if off, I got nauseous after playing a bit.. I think the bobbing movement is too much for me.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-04, 08:25 PM   #164
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

How could you be spoiled by the graphics in CS:S? They are basically CS quality.

Oh... and the game is still fun so who cares?

Old 09-05-04, 10:27 PM   #165
ynnek

The models in CS:S look so much better, and textures and everything are much much cleaner.. So much better than the original CS..

The game is alright... If anything its a little too much sneaking around.. i wish there were more types of weapons/techs and stuff to use (or is there more?)

I dunno, there's something "missing" about it... I'll try playing it again later and see if I can get into it, which is odd cause I'm all about rouges/thiefs and was pretty excited about this game.. ah, at least I only paid $20 for it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
How could you be spoiled by the graphics in CS:S? They are basically CS quality.

Oh... and the game is still fun so who cares?
Old 09-05-04, 10:42 PM   #166
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I guess stealth games just aren't for you then .

And yeah... CS:S is improved but still not near the quality of Thief 3... thief 3 has such nice lighting.
Old 09-06-04, 01:38 AM   #167
ynnek

yea, which is wierd cause I loved playing as rouges and stealth characters in other games.. maybe this one will grow on me.. I think I'm coming down with something, so perhaps thats why I'm getting nausea... heh.

CS:S models and textures are so much better than Thief 3. Shadows are pretty good in Thief 3, but the shadow's aren't bad either in de_dust either.. but there's no dramatic lighting to make them stand as much.

Honestly, besides the shadow's, Thief feels and looks like an older engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I guess stealth games just aren't for you then .

And yeah... CS:S is improved but still not near the quality of Thief 3... thief 3 has such nice lighting.
Old 09-06-04, 02:50 PM   #168
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

CS Source graphics is better than Theif 3? Is that person blind or something? CS Source is only slightly better than the regular CS. Hell, HL 2 looks better than CS Source, and even then, at its best, it can't compete with Doom 3, Far Cry, and in some instances, Thief 3.

Last edited by Severian126; 09-07-04 at 01:44 AM.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote