Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-04, 06:09 AM   #61
cstring
makefile
 
cstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
the one at ED20 is your problem !
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!
Stays at 430 now after changing at 0xED20.
I ran hw2 into the ground with aida32 running at same time so I could
realtime switch. It didnt revert to 399 !
Thank You jimmor, VERY MUCH!

Got a new hard drive to replace the 20 and 80 gigs.
its a seagate 120gb 8 meg cache, nice drive.
Gotta reload windows, dual win xp boot.
The leadtek should be here in 2 days.
Will probably keep the bfg incase leadtek has problems.
Will let you know how it compares.
Have a great holiday and take care.
cstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 10:26 AM   #62
silent2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmor
done !
Note done!
Done with errors to the file.
File burned only using nvflash and black went the screen. no vsync no gfx card....
silent2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 10:27 AM   #63
silent2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Still looking for the file to be edited.
silent2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 05:11 PM   #64
jimmor
Registered User
 
jimmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 568
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstring
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!
Stays at 430 now after changing at 0xED20.
I ran hw2 into the ground with aida32 running at same time so I could
realtime switch. It didnt revert to 399 !
Thank You jimmor, VERY MUCH!

Got a new hard drive to replace the 20 and 80 gigs.
its a seagate 120gb 8 meg cache, nice drive.
Gotta reload windows, dual win xp boot.
The leadtek should be here in 2 days.
Will probably keep the bfg incase leadtek has problems.
Will let you know how it compares.
Have a great holiday and take care.
thanks cstring, you too !

I'm just glad we managed to put your 399 mystery to rest ! Unless of course you come back after a good rest and tell me how your gaming holiday was ruined ??
__________________
The more I know, the more I know I don't know

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 05:19 PM   #65
jimmor
Registered User
 
jimmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 568
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent2004
Still looking for the file to be edited.
As I said in my email, there is nothing wrong with the bios file ! I have now flashed with it for a second time, with it now runing for some time ? Shows my 5900nu card as a 5900XT running at 300/489/729. No problems of any kind !

Don't know what more to say ?

so I have now sent you the bare custom2.rom file instead of wrapping it in a zip file, just in case of some problem with zip files at your end ?

If this still doesn't work for you, then there is nothing more I know to do !!
__________________
The more I know, the more I know I don't know

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 07:33 AM   #66
jimmor
Registered User
 
jimmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 568
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent2004
Note done!
Done with errors to the file.
File burned only using nvflash and black went the screen. no vsync no gfx card....
glad, finally sending you the bare custom2.rom bios file sorted your problems out !

Obviously something strange at your end dealing with zip files ?
__________________
The more I know, the more I know I don't know

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 08:46 PM   #67
cstring
makefile
 
cstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

jimmor, its still kicking strong but the leadtek should be here tomorrow morning.
I had this bfg 430/430/850 mem bandwidth was at a cranking 25200 mb/s
there were some tiny artifacts and it probably wouldnt have hurt to leave it there but I chickened out and have ran it 430/430/820 :-)
But two days of solid running at those speeds !

Will post back and let you know how it goes with the leadtek, like we both dont already know its gonna smoke the bfg. lol
cstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-04, 09:53 AM   #68
jimmor
Registered User
 
jimmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 568
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstring
jimmor, its still kicking strong but the leadtek should be here tomorrow morning.
I had this bfg 430/430/850 mem bandwidth was at a cranking 25200 mb/s
there were some tiny artifacts and it probably wouldnt have hurt to leave it there but I chickened out and have ran it 430/430/820 :-)
But two days of solid running at those speeds !

Will post back and let you know how it goes with the leadtek, like we both dont already know its gonna smoke the bfg. lol
now you have me curious, why are you running your 2D mode at 430MHz ?

since 2D is not very demanding or stressful type of work, there is no need to change from the original default of 300MHz ! I did a number of trials and found no benefits myself !

also, having 2D at 430 will heat things up more than necessary and may even affect max 3D/memory overclocks ?
__________________
The more I know, the more I know I don't know

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-04, 10:08 AM   #69
cstring
makefile
 
cstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

running 430 in 2D to test for sure if it would reset to lower setting
by trying to apply more stress/heat.

The theory being it would be okay running 390/430/820 IF 430/430/820 ran without problems, it does.
BTW the bfg stock 2D clock is 390.
As far as it goes anyway, I'm done with the bfg card, the leadtek
definately is king.

As expected it runs much better then the bfg.
cooler and faster!
Shame on bfg for ever putting out a garbage card.
IMO that was bad marketing strategy!
cstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-04, 04:27 AM   #70
jimmor
Registered User
 
jimmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 568
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstring
running 430 in 2D to test for sure if it would reset to lower setting
by trying to apply more stress/heat.

The theory being it would be okay running 390/430/820 IF 430/430/820 ran without problems, it does.
BTW the bfg stock 2D clock is 390.
As far as it goes anyway, I'm done with the bfg card, the leadtek
definately is king.

As expected it runs much better then the bfg.
cooler and faster!
Shame on bfg for ever putting out a garbage card.
IMO that was bad marketing strategy!
I see your reasoning, however you are confusing me again ?

A typical 5900XT card is set at 300/390/700, which is 300 in 2D, 390 in 3D and Memory at 700 all the time ! And the only other important speed in bios is throttling which is set at 375 ! So why your original bios would have 2D set at 390 baffles me ?

A 2D speed of 390 would be way too much overkill ?

EDIT:

Is the Leadtek here then ?

If not, then you speak nicely to that BFG card as it is all you have until Leadtek up and running !
__________________
The more I know, the more I know I don't know

Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.85GHz (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe)
BFG 6800GS (16x1,6vp) @ 300/430/1200.

Driver, 82.12 :-
Aquamark3, 75039
Codecreatures1, 90.8
3Dmark05 v120, 6195
3Dmark03 v360, 14334
3Dmark06 v102, 2949
3Dmark2001se v330, 23793.
jimmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-04, 03:13 PM   #71
cstring
makefile
 
cstring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

hi jimmor,
As far as the timings and this being typical, a more proper way to refer to
the bfg card would be "freak" lol
the 390/430/737 is what bfg clocked it at stock.
Actually they took chaintech cards and oc'ed them.

Yes the leadtek is here and I'm running it, you wouldnt believe the difference!
I wanted to run it a few days before I commented, actually I wanted to run it a week, thats about the time it takes to see how good or bad it will be.
for me anyway.

I cant even compare the bfg to the leadtek, being that the leadtek blows it away speedwise, with more software and price, the bfg was a few dollars more.

So far I'm feeling VERY cheated by bfg, In my opinion, this xt oc is a rip off, you can get an origional chaintech $40 cheaper ! and the chaintech has better cooling too.

running the leadtech @ 300/475/950 and it rocks!

LOL @ speaking nicly to the bfg, I cursed the wretched pile of crap even a day before the leadtek was here.
cstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-04, 03:40 PM   #72
Xplode
 
Xplode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 166
Default Re: Basic FX59xxx bios changes

Hey Ctring are you running 475/950 with just the stock fan? and was the default speed 390/700?

Xplode
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asus Bios bug nforceuser NVIDIA Linux 3 10-06-02 04:15 AM
new bios my motherboard and got new feature IDE PCI BUS MASTERING what is it ??? b5fan CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 12 09-22-02 05:10 PM
BIOS doesn't recognize more than 32 MB(old P1 machines) Klaus-P CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 3 09-09-02 03:33 PM
bios flashing Gunslinger68 CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 7 09-08-02 12:20 PM
PC Games, CeleronII 566, CeleronA 300, BIOS Savior, Heatsinks, NES & Sega Items +pics TekViper For Sale/Trade 5 08-07-02 10:48 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.