Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-04, 01:28 AM   #1
pat777
NV420

Default People overestimate how many people this site bans

This site is a great site. There are many people who think this sites bans too much. Most of this site's bans come from people who were already banned. Many people think this site bans any person who posts negative nVIDIA stuff. This is simply not true. I hate it when people flame this site because it "bans so many people". I bet this site hasn't banned anyone in a long time(besides people who were already banned).
Old 06-06-04, 04:12 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: People overestimate how many people this site bans

People like to ignore these facts though and flame us no matter what, thanks for the support
Old 06-06-04, 05:56 AM   #3
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Pat, thanks for the support. Much appreicated.
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
Old 06-06-04, 07:13 AM   #4
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

A good portion of those people we've banned more or less subconsciously anticipate being banned at some point. Follow with me here for a sec: Communication begins in the head. Whatever a person intends to say or write is all pre-meditated to some degree in their head. They just have to fill in the details from Point A to Point B, etc. It is at that stage where the voice of conscience speaks up in their heads, too, and that voice usually says either, "That looks like a well-thought out response on my part! A good quality post!" or "This'll probably get me raked over the coals or banned!!"

The bottom line? Simple -- those people we've banned had that latter thought float accross their minds just before clicking the "Submit" button ... and didn't care. They clicked "Submit" before the voice of reason could pipe up! And they continue to ignore that voice even though the "EDIT" button is staring them dead in the face. These people are usually given so much rope here by us that -- true to the old adage -- they eventually hang themselves with. So, instead of arguing/proselytizing to them ... we just oblige them!!
Old 06-06-04, 07:26 AM   #5
MUYA

Sy u are just of your rockers aren't u? I want what you are drinking
Corsair 600T Case
Old 06-06-04, 10:44 AM   #6
Clay

Psy is well-seated on his rocker! Well said. I never have any personal vendetta against anyone. There are no strings pulled or reasons to wear tin foil hats as some like to imagine. I've learned from this. My mistakes don't define me, they inform me. A better approach can (and will) be exercised in the future.
Old 06-06-04, 10:46 AM   #7
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower
Psy is well-seated on his rocker!
Sure he is..that is why I want what he is drinking bar tender please!
Corsair 600T Case
Old 06-06-04, 10:48 AM   #8
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower
Psy is well-seated on his rocker! Well said. I never have any personal vendetta against anyone. There are no strings pulled or reasons to wear tin foil hats as some like to imagine. I've learned from this. My mistakes don't define me, they inform me. A better approach can (and will) be exercised in the future.
Good to hear you realize that you have some room for improvement Maz, there might be some hope for you.

Vamp, you I just worry about anymore.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 06-06-04, 01:09 PM   #9
smeagol

Where did that post of Dig go?
Old 06-06-04, 03:00 PM   #10
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol
Where did that post of Dig go?
Who gives a cr@p?
Old 06-06-04, 05:25 PM   #11
sbp

ho ho ho looks like someone did his last troll here.
Old 06-06-04, 05:57 PM   #12
ChrisRay

People who dont like this site, Tend to try create as much drama as possible, You will find the people who scream the loudest are always heard.

It doesnt matter if what they are saying is relevent, or if they are even right.

I "like" nvnews, I always have, When I first came to this site over a year ago, Something about it stood out to me. The community was friendly, The mods treated you well, And I was able to communicate with them. They always communicated back with me. If there was a problem. I took it to them in PMs. Nine times out of ten the staff here bent over backwards to help me.

You may not like the decisions mods make some of the time. But you should respect them. The mods work everyday to try an ensure the community upholds a certain level common respect among members, Because once respect goes out the door. Then The communities go to hell.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Closed Thread