Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-04, 12:25 PM   #37
Headbust
HL2 Beta Tester

Default Re: am i gettin ripped off?

you gotta expect these problems when you pay $150 more than the cards worth
2x256 PC 3200
lite-on cd/dvd
MSI 6600GT AGP
Headbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 12:27 PM   #38
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Jesus christ, no offence but grow some balls. You got ripped off and should contact the company straight away about their mistake and demand they fix it. Don't just pussyfoot around because you don't want to cause a fuss. Get the damn product you ordered!
Old 05-29-04, 12:38 PM   #39
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford442
now this is odd!
now with the 5900 installed i get a weird electronic sound from inside my case whever i scroll through windows and IE...
like a chirping.. i will investigate tomorrow and see where exactly the sound is commin from.. can anybody guess what this strangeness is?
This is actually normal for the 5900NU, some users experience it more than others. I experience the same thing from my MSI FX5900, as do many others across many forums. Sadly, there is no fix for all applications that have it, and it appears to be a design fault that affects some users more than others (or some just notice it more than others).

However, to fix it in IE, go to:
Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Browsing and uncheck "Use Smooth Scrolling"

This will eliminate the noise in IE.

Also, driversets 53.03 and later reduce the volume of the noise if you are using an older driver.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 12:38 PM   #40
ford442

well - i'm guessing that they don't really have any 5900 ultra cards..
they don't offer any for their custom systems.. they show this card they sent me and it's not called an ultra in that list..
nobody else has any A350 Ultras anymore for less than $370 and the very few who have the non-ultra charge over 300 for them...
so - it looks to me like i got what i paid for although i was tricked into paying for it..
ford442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 12:42 PM   #41
ford442

oh -
ruined -
yes - someone else told me to try that and it made the noise stop in IE - but not all of Windows and it's loud while scrolling through emails in outlook express..
i wont worry about it then.. but it does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling...
Old 05-29-04, 12:42 PM   #42
vampireuk
**** Holster

You got ripped off, don't justify their actions, get it sorted man.
Old 05-29-04, 12:45 PM   #43
CoSWill

It looks to me like this is what they sent you..........http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=322

The box picture on the site you ordered from is for the Geforce 5900 Ultra 256mb. But nowhere in the description does it mention the amount of RAM. Also, at the very top of the page it says Geforce 5900 and nothing else. I am afraid they sent you what you ordered.

Their site does not go into enough detail about the product. With video cards getting more complicated these days it's up to the buyer to make absolutley sure they are ordering the correct product.

The price you paid for the card is a little high, I think you can get the same card in the lower or mid $200 range. But when they were first introduced they were about $400. The price you paid was somewhere in the middle of those 2 figures, so if you're satisfied with the card use it and have fun.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 12:47 PM   #44
Snooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Jesus christ, no offence but grow some balls. You got ripped off and should contact the company straight away about their mistake and demand they fix it. Don't just pussyfoot around because you don't want to cause a fuss. Get the damn product you ordered!
No sh*t, or you can be a victim...all your life. You have to be firm about these sorts of things. Don't be nice to them after they screwed up. And this isn't some small goof, it's costing you lots of money that either you or your parents worked for.

And if they play dumb, tell them you're a paying customer and demand some f*cking respect. Never settle for less…man…something like this recently happened to my sister, except she bought diamonds. And yes, she went back and didn’t leave until she was satisfied.
Snooka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-04, 12:47 PM   #45
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford442
oh -
ruined -
yes - someone else told me to try that and it made the noise stop in IE - but not all of Windows and it's loud while scrolling through emails in outlook express..
i wont worry about it then.. but it does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling...
You can read more about it here - note that any fixes that might be listed have proven to be unreliable.

http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=23438

http://www.evga.com/community/messag...X+Family+Forum

According to eVGA:
"As far as we can tell at this moment it has to do with voltage levels on
the card as a blit is done.

This issue is already being examined by NVIDIA to see what they can find
about it. We will post more on it as soon as we get the information"

Issue was never resolved.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 12:59 PM   #46
ford442

lol.. huh.. mysterious..
well..
i am satisfied with all this..
too bad it didn't fix my UT2004 Genral Protection Fault errors.. maybe it's in my registry or somethin.. because now i've replaced everything in my system besides XP...
Old 05-29-04, 02:42 PM   #47
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

If you're satisfied with the card you received, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-04, 05:54 PM   #48
vampireuk
**** Holster

Get the card replaced
Get the card replaced
Get the card replaced
Get the card replaced
Get the card replaced

All it takes is a simple phonecall and you are legally entitled to the product you ordered, not a cheaper substitute, I'm not going to stop pestering you until you get the other card