Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-30-04, 08:28 PM   #1
tamran

Default Ode to Nvidia

This is my contribution to this forum. Feel free to add your own music.
----------------------------------------------------
to be front runners, first and only on 64 bit
"Wrong" they say, "your drivers are crap"
But who else has got 'em? Nvidia, that's it!

Although there's a debate about service
In the last month, where have they been?
Maybe somewhere coding and working?
Re-assembling their team?

The personal struggles, with "badness found" errors
Daily lockups and unscheduled reboots
Is it RAM, APCI, APIC, interrupts, agpgart? or what!?
It only happesn when nvidia is loaded, so who gives a hoot?

Others say we're whiners, and we should stop our bitchin
Guys like SuLinux and others ... it's taking it's toll
I've learned not to listen to him and the like
'cause SuLinux is simply a Troll

Should we all go out and buy ATI?
a fellow Canadian company, of very good size
with promises of new drivers,
yet never seem to materialize

The '4k stacks' is busting our systems
It's already in Fedora Core 2
We can't compile our own kernels, we can't do menuconfig
Well, red hat users, you'll get yours too

So with all that I've seen, in the last few months
I've learned to not point a finger
Nvidia may be silent for a reason
Even though the issues linger

Give them credit they are due
They've not made promises they don't keep
They make a decent product
Try not to lose any sleep

They say a fix is coming
for '4k stacks' and other fixins
So c'mon people
quit yer bitchin'
tamran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-04, 08:57 PM   #2
Mow

Default I laughed .... I cried ......

Mow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 05:39 AM   #3
SuLinUX

Default Re: Ode to Nvidia

Hey thanks for calling me a troll but I'm not the one with problems and whining about 4kstacks, the coming driver will support it. If i'm a troll then what is this thread and others asking the same thing?

If the next driver fixes your problems i'm sure people will love nvidia like the backstabing bitches they are. Sorry but thats how I feel this has gone.
AthlonXP 2600+ / nForce2 Asus A7N8X-X / PNY GeForce FX5900 Ultra / 1024Mb Samsung Ram /nForce Sound / Hansol 920D Plus 19" monitor / Lite-On 32x12x40 / 2x Maxtor HD 40Gb/80Gb / nVidia 7174 driver / Gnome 2.10.1 / Kernel 2.6.11.9 / Slackware 10.0
SuLinUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 06:54 AM   #4
hppnq

Of course there will always be people who complain. Why don't you just ignore them?

* scratch *

Mmhh..
hppnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 07:43 PM   #5
metamatics
Free Software Zealot

Great ode, just to laugh and cry...

Sorry for SuLinux, but who flames **every** thread
has to be blamed sometimes
metamatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 08:51 PM   #6
oldsk00l

By comparison, with the stench of horrid complaints filling the rage3d linux forum with a smell so rank it would make the terminator cry, I'd have to say that nVidia users don't have much to complain over.

Honestly nVidia's doing a good job, but with changes in the scene come things like this. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I can count on nVidia to fix a driver issue that warrants it.
oldsk00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-04, 09:04 PM   #7
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

heh, i've completely lost all respect for fedora users... not that i had much to begin with
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 12:32 AM   #8
blueworm
[DEADAGAIN]blueworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel
heh, i've completely lost all respect for fedora users... not that i had much to begin with
I agree with both Kamel and Sulinux. nuff said.
Registered linux user #271604 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org/
lianLi PC60, OCZ powerStream 520W PSU, Asus P5N-E SLI, Core 2 duo E6550, 2Gb GEIL, XFX 8800GT, TB SantaCruz
blueworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-04, 07:28 PM   #9
Mow

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel

I agree with both Kamel and Sulinux. nuff said.

Not all fedora users are complaining....... I'm a fedora user and have happily recompiled my kernel and am working brilliantly thank you very much. I suggest you get over yourselves.
Old 06-01-04, 07:50 PM   #10
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow

Not all fedora users are complaining....... I'm a fedora user and have happily recompiled my kernel and am working brilliantly thank you very much. I suggest you get over yourselves.
i don't think you have read all of the falling action leading to this.

of course, you don't whine, but you clearly support the lameness going on here, as indicated by your standing ovation to his flame bait
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-04, 08:23 PM   #11
Mow

Quote:
but you clearly support the lameness going on here, as indicated by your standing ovation to his flame bait
Huh it would see that you do to with your comment
Quote:
i've completely lost all respect for fedora users
what'd you expect would happen when you post something like that piece of flame bait anyway? That all of us would run and crap our drawers because you don't respect fedora users?

I can think of a mighty saying that seems to apply very fittingly to you: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

So my advice to you would be to put the boulders down.

Oh and before you jump on me with some other witty retort about me being lame or a n00b or whatever because I use fedora .... I've used Gentoo and have used it for the past few years ..... so just save it.

I will no longer comment to these chilsih people that obviously can't take a little humor in their lives.
Old 06-01-04, 08:40 PM   #12
LordMorgul
Electrical Engineer

In every thread on this forum regarding the kernel changes that has gone from voiced discontent (whine if you prefer the term) into a distro flame war it has occurred because others responded in like manner and escalated it -- unnecessarily.

If you dislike whine so intensely you should not lower yourself to the level of retorting to it -- that applies to everyone. It benefits noone to respond in an inappropriate manner. It is pure hypocrisy to carry on an anti-whiner campaign by adding your own whine of a different nature.

(for clarification.. that is definitely not addressed to Mow... its to the rest of us)