Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-10-04, 05:12 AM   #1
t8t

Angry Very annoying vertical lines while Movie Playback

Hi,

I use my linux box with a GeForce 2MX with TV-Out to watch movies on my TV. I want to use 'clone' Mode. But on fast moving pictures (mainly vertically moved, like on some car chase sequences...) there are very much vertical lines in the picture, which are very annoying.
I don't know what causes this - On another computer with basically the same installation, these don't appear. I tried all settings I could think of, but nothing works.

Btw, I use the nvtv-tool to switch to TV cause it can remove the black bars around the picture, but the problem exists with the normal nvidia-Driver mode also.

I suppose that this happens due to unmatched vsync drawing, but I don't know how to change this... I've got a PAL TV with 25fps, and the DVD's with 25fps are the worst.
NTSC DVD's (I only have a few) are much better!

Any hints are welcome!
Thanks
Timo
t8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-04, 08:38 PM   #2
GreyFoxx

Default Re: Very annoying vertical lines while Movie Playback

This is because the current drivers do not support interlaced tvout. if it's
and option see if your media player will deinterlace the video before displaying it.

Supposedly interlaced out will be supported whenever a new version comes out. (been promised for a while)
GreyFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-04, 04:26 AM   #3
t8t

Default Re: Very annoying vertical lines while Movie Playback

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But it's not the interlaced-lines I mean. I know how these look and how to remove them with my Movie player (mplayer).

To me, the lines I mean look like the picture is drawn while it is being displayed, not after the VSYNC, so I can see half the old picture and half the new one. And on vertical movements of the camera, this creates a horizontal Line. It is always only one, and it is mostly at the same position while playback. On every start of the movie, it is at a different position, but normally stays there, since the movie player plays in the same framerate as the TV, but not synchronized...

If you have any more ideas, they all are welcome!

Thanks
Timo
t8t is offline   Reply With Quote