Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-16-04, 02:44 AM   #49
Clay

Default Re: Clay's Review of the BFG 6800 Ultra OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippyjun
I'd love to see some 1280x1024 benches in the mix. (if you get some free time to do so)
I may do that. However, it's 2:45AM for me right now and I just finished this temperature investigation, verfied that core has quality thermal compound applied (while taking the 19 screws out of the card so a sizeable project in itself for this time of night), etc. So, I'm gonna take a break for a few days. But yes, I'll try to post some 1280x results in this thread at some point...now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-04, 03:35 AM   #50
aaahhh52
gahboo?

Send a message via AIM to aaahhh52

keep up the good work

New Pc:
Gigabye k8n-SLI NF4
AMD x2 4600+
Evga 7900gs 256mb
1gb pc 3200
160gb SATA II
aaahhh52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-04, 05:31 AM   #51
KickAssCop

Nice Review!
Intel Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz (400X8 FSB) | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0 | Sapphire ATi 5850 @ 825/1175 | 250 GB WD SATA2 16 MB | 80 GB Seagate SATA 8 MB | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2 800 @ 1000 5-5-5-15 | Liteon 16X DVD RW | Samsung 22" 1680*1050 | Logitech G5 | FSP 600W PSU
KickAssCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-04, 12:43 PM   #52
Bonesaw

I'm totally sold on the new Nvidia cards but I'm curious why no one ever uses Deus Ex: Invisible War for testing purposes. From all of the reviews I have read of that game the engine was a GPU intensive game.

Clay do you have a copy of Invisible War to at least test the game on to see if there is any improvement/enhancement of the game?
Bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-04, 04:03 PM   #53
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw
I'm totally sold on the new Nvidia cards but I'm curious why no one ever uses Deus Ex: Invisible War for testing purposes. From all of the reviews I have read of that game the engine was a GPU intensive game.

Clay do you have a copy of Invisible War to at least test the game on to see if there is any improvement/enhancement of the game?
No I don't but I'd be happy to test the demo if you think that is representative enough of the actual game. I'm open to whatever suggestions you have.
Old 08-01-04, 03:13 AM   #54
Hellion
Serving Time in HELL

Send a message via MSN to Hellion Send a message via Yahoo to Hellion

love the pics man...can you post one of the back of the card? without all the HSF on it? or if its already on...forget it just post one with it.
4gig OCZ Platinum 5-4-4-12
Asus P5Q Deluxe/Kingwin 800w PSU

**_Death, is only the beginning_**
~~**--In loving memory of Doug "Warjester" McDougal-**~~
**_The Tooth fairy teaches kids they can sell body parts for money_**
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 09:49 AM   #55
radio1_mike

Send a message via ICQ to radio1_mike Send a message via Yahoo to radio1_mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
Nice pics Clay. Now that you have exposed the HS fins, install a Vantec Fan Card under it. This thing lowered my load temps by 11C!

Could you elaborate a bit more, on the installation of it???
radio1_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 09:57 AM   #56
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion
love the pics man...can you post one of the back of the card? without all the HSF on it? or if its already on...forget it just post one with it.
Sorry, I've had it all back together for a while now. However, I do have a pic of the back of the card from my original review here:
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/bfg_ge...backside.shtml

Old 08-09-04, 06:02 PM   #57
mus42

Just posted about this in another thread - I've tried two of these cards and both have caused massive screen corruption, lock-ups and random re-boots on my PC - sending thm back for a refund.

Maybe I've been unlucky but two out of two doesn't fill me with confidence.

Based in the U.K. (if that makes any difference?)

Cheers.
mus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 06:17 PM   #58
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus42
Just posted about this in another thread - I've tried two of these cards and both have caused massive screen corruption, lock-ups and random re-boots on my PC - sending thm back for a refund.

Maybe I've been unlucky but two out of two doesn't fill me with confidence.

Based in the U.K. (if that makes any difference?)

Cheers.
I read your post in the other thread. Why did you bother repeating yourself here? Not sure if you're new to forums or not but your initial post kinda smells of FUD. There will always be some people that have some problems. Those posts always attract attention but they are the minority. I'm confident that you'll find many more happy 6800 series customers than not, or have you not read the overwhelming positive posts?
Old 08-09-04, 06:26 PM   #59
mus42

Not sure what FUD means but I posted twice because it seemed relevant. Similar issues to the fellow Brit and after your rave review I figured it was only fair to mention my experiences of the same card. Oh and yes I'm new around here, what's the relevance of that?

I agree there are a lot of positive comments on the Geforce 6800's but I've also read an equal amount of negative comments. A lot of people seemingly having to make some drastic changes to the cards to get them working properly.

As I said in my post - My Geforce 5900 Ultra worked straight out of the box and has ever since I bought it. I can't say the same thing about the BFG's. It's not really surprising is it that I'm not happy they don't work? I was really looking forward to playing Doom 3 on Friday with the 6800 ultra.
mus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 06:36 PM   #60
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus42
Not sure what FUD means but I posted twice because it seemed relevant. Similar issues to the fellow Brit and after your rave review I figured it was only fair to mention my experiences of the same card. Oh and yes I'm new around here, what's the relevance of that?

I agree there are a lot of positive comments on the Geforce 6800's but I've also read an equal amount of negative comments. A lot of people seemingly having to make some drastic changes to the cards to get them working properly.

As I said in my post - My Geforce 5900 Ultra worked straight out of the box and has ever since I bought it. I can't say the same thing about the BFG's. I'm not happy they don't as I was really looking forward to playing Doom 3 on Friday with the 6800 ultra.
FUD is short for "fear uncertainty and doubt". In other words, it is not uncommon at all for some people to spread FUD for questionable reasons. Again, your posts just appeared like this to me. If you are being sincere then I do apologize. The relevance to someone being new to online forums or not helps moderators to know how familiar someone is (or not) with how things basically work/are discussed/etc. For example, it is not considered proper netiquette to make basically the same post across multiple threads, or to start multiple threads on the same topic in different forums, etc...all that does is cause more work for the moderators. So, that's why I was asking.

Well I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on your claim that there are equal numbers of unhappy 6800 owners with problematic cards. The vast majority of customers are very happy with their purchase. I maintain that those with problems are in the minority. Problematic cards are a possibility but I doubt that it has anything to do with the cards being shipped to the UK.

Have you contacted BFG's technical support regarding your problems? Have you followed the requisite power supply requirements for your 6800 Ultras? Also, I was wondering why you have two Ultras or have you already returned one and are now having problems with the second? Thanks.