Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-02, 06:32 AM   #25
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

IMO, even if this sounds lame, there should simply be a document with the CD ( or an additional small manual ) which explains what reality is and how the game ISN'T reality.

I'm not saying there should be a lame "This game does not represent reality. Bla Bla Bla" thing with nothing else. I'm more interested in actually having a document which explains more about Sikhs.

It's just that if you don't do that, you may think part of it is true. And maybe part of it IS true and based on real facts, but you think it's false. Stuff like that.

Modifying the game for that is LAME. It's ridiculous and unjustifiable.

However, I'd still say Eidos is insensitive. They ruined Startopia by barely doing any advertising. It barely sold. And saying it was a so good game! Sure, it had a short lifespan, but I did play it more than the 25 hours more reviews gave. At least 35 hours I'd say.

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-02, 07:35 AM   #26
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar
IMO, even if this sounds lame, there should simply be a document with the CD ( or an additional small manual ) which explains what reality is and how the game ISN'T reality.

I'm not saying there should be a lame "This game does not represent reality. Bla Bla Bla" thing with nothing else. I'm more interested in actually having a document which explains more about Sikhs.
but then they might have to explain why they used the Sikhs as terrorists. i'm sure that would piss off even more people. or maybe, it would just piss off the same people. either way, it seems like there was enough negative publicity and protest that Eidos made some changes.
Old 11-10-02, 03:00 PM   #27
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy
Talking

Apparently, Eidos just can't LIVE, can't continue to operate, can't succeed in this capitalistic soceity - without the financial backing of the Sihks...

Yeah...all three of 'em.

"We are pissed off Sihks. You must censor game or we will not buy, and....we'll....we'll...we'll send Bill Clinton after your WIVES!! No, we'll sic Johnny Five on you!!"

"Oh, {crap}!!! No, not Johnny Five!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Good grief!

That does it, I'm gonna send a rant to Fox because that Vic Mackey from The Shield just paints all middle-aged, bald, white guys in a bad light and I demand it gets pulled off the air. The feelings and self-esteem of the Official Middle-Aged White Bald Guys Society is more important than someone else's entertainment! Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Last edited by PsychoSy; 11-10-02 at 03:06 PM.
PsychoSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-02, 09:33 PM   #28
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSy
That does it, I'm gonna send a rant to Fox because that Vic Mackey from The Shield just paints all middle-aged, bald, white guys in a bad light and I demand it gets pulled off the air. The feelings and self-esteem of the Official Middle-Aged White Bald Guys Society is more important than someone else's entertainment! Yeah, that's the ticket!!
for some reason that guy reminds me of you