Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-25-02, 12:14 PM   #1
pryonic

Default Tv-OUT and PAL (UK) TVs

I'm trying to configure my GeFORCE 2 MX 200 to display on the TV under SUSE 8.1. I have installed the nividia drivers and have them working. If i boot the computer with the TV connected then i can see the bootup sequence, albeit distorted as the card defaults to NTSC. Using another TV that supports NTSC i managed to set to card to PAL when X starts. So good, i thought, until I tried to connect it to the original (large tv) via the video recorder as it has the scart socket. The distorted console apepars, but when X starts, the video shows no signal is being recieved. My only theory is that the refresh rate or siliar i wrong, and my other tv is more tolerant than the video recorder.

Can anyone tell me the correct setting for a PAL-I tv? And example of the lines to edit in my XF86Config would very very helpful

Thanks for any help
Jamie
Old 10-26-02, 07:43 AM   #2
pryonic

Default fixed it!

I fixed this one. Turns out that it was working for PAL, but for some reason it was not detecting it was plugged into a tv when X started. By forcing it to use the TV out with the line

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

it now works!