Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-25-02, 04:46 PM   #1
volt

Default Weird anomaly...

I noticed *something* has been eating up my HD space.
Whenever I free up some space (last time I cleaned 2 gigs) *something* is eating it. Windows keeps complaining that I my partition is low on juice yada yada yada. Whenever I free it up, BAM it's all gone and I have no clue where it goes.
Go figure heh
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-02, 04:49 PM   #2
Needa916
Hugh Jorgen

Are you running XP? If so, doesn't it make "restore" points and backup data in order to do that?

Maybe its p0rn...whay don't you send it to my HD
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
XP Home
512MB x 2 Crucial 2700

2002 GSX-R 750
Needa916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-02, 04:58 PM   #3
volt

No it's not backing up anything. It's a 3rd partition and there are no system files on it. I checked that already.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 10-25-02, 07:38 PM   #4
volt

nevermind heheh, those were my active mirc logs (4.17 GB's and growing)