Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-29-04, 03:20 AM   #13
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Painkiller - Overview, benchmarks, and screenshots

If any of you folks have a set of saved games using the latest patch, I would appreciate a copy. Saved games are stored under the SaveGames directory as 001, 002, 003, etc. Send them to mikec@nvnews.net.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 03:37 AM   #14
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Lightbulb Re: Painkiller - Overview, benchmarks, and screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
The gameplay was fun for me as I tried to play it in small spurts since the mindless action only keeps me interested for short periods of time.
Ah, I pretty much finished the game in 4-5 goes. I love this sort of action! It's not mindless at all, really. It's interesting to note that very few people have noticed the almost-CPMA movement physics they chucked into the game. Basically you just keep jumping while moving forwards, and you get a speed up which increases the longer you keep it going (there's a hard limit to the speed, I think..). Also notice that you have full air control in this game (at least while doing this sort of jumping). Turn in the air and you don't keep any inertia that would stop you from going the way you turn. It's brilliant! It's a similar feeling to that of CPMA (www.promode.org), but you have a little less control of how you move about.

This sort of thing keeps the gameplay from being 'mindless'. Play the game like you want to OWN (pwn) the monsters, and it's quite a different game. MY sort of game .
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 03:47 AM   #15
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
Ah, I pretty much finished the game in 4-5 goes. I love this sort of action! It's not mindless at all, really. It's interesting to note that very few people have noticed the almost-CPMA movement physics they chucked into the game. Basically you just keep jumping while moving forwards, and you get a speed up which increases the longer you keep it going (there's a hard limit to the speed, I think..). Also notice that you have full air control in this game (at least while doing this sort of jumping). Turn in the air and you don't keep any inertia that would stop you from going the way you turn. It's brilliant! It's a similar feeling to that of CPMA (www.promode.org), but you have a little less control of how you move about.

This sort of thing keeps the gameplay from being 'mindless'. Play the game like you want to OWN (pwn) the monsters, and it's quite a different game. MY sort of game .
It didn't mean to say the mindless action was a bad thing. It was a poor choice of words I guess. I like an old-fashioned shooter sometimes. I still remember firing up Wolf3D before ID created the Doom franchise.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 03:56 AM   #16
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
If any of you folks have a set of saved games using the latest patch, I would appreciate a copy. Saved games are stored under the SaveGames directory as 001, 002, 003, etc. Send them to mikec@nvnews.net.
I just send you a set of savegames compressed in .rar format. The first attempt failed I think since the file was too big so let me know if the second smaller set got to you ok.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 12:15 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Let me tell you... the last level is about the coolest level ever... the music and the enemies are just so awesome.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 12:18 PM   #18
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

w00t w00t
Old 07-29-04, 06:13 PM   #19
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Hehe.. indeed the last level is very awesome. It's a very different impression of a place that might be hell. And, indeed, 'war is hell'. Sounds about exactly right to me...
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-04, 11:01 AM   #20
DMA
Zzzleepy

The last level is really cool indeed. But my two favorite levels are "Docks" and "Military base". Some very nice looking textures and the levels are very realistic.
Superb game.

Old 08-20-04, 05:49 PM   #21
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Found this handy cheat script for Painkiller which allows to use muliple commands like getting all tarot cards & unlocking all levels including the 2 hidden levels : Forest & Prsion .

the Forst level btw looks amazing !!

http://www.kalme.de/painkiller/powermad.html

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 05:52 PM   #22
aAv7

gonna try this and see what this forrest level looks like = ) Thanks for the info.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 05:58 PM   #23
aAv7

where do u put these files? Theres no read-me attached =/
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 06:18 PM   #24
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
gonna try this and see what this forrest level looks like = ) Thanks for the info.
Yeah .. it looks cool & its one of the first levels that brought my GT system to its knees !

@1600x1200,2xAA,8xAF i get around 30fps avarage & with heavy fights i get less the 20fps .

you need to unlock Trauma diffculty in order to be able to unlock it (chapter 4 level 4), & nightmare to unlcok Prison (chapter 2 level1).
god mode is always jandy too !

the readme is actually in the same download page , its not attached
so you have to save that page in your HDD for the commands .

these files should be installed in C:\Painkiller\data\LScripts folder (if thats folder dosent exsit .. make one)

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote