Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-29-04, 11:28 AM   #1
kdgassiot

Default Edge blending with Quadro card and AMD64 Linux drivers ?

I have worked with the edge blending on the Quadro cards under Windows, and am buying 4 of the FX3000s for driving vis center projectors with PCs. Now, to get rid of my Onyx, I really need to be able to do the same thing under Linux (specifically AMD64 Linux). I need to put a card in a quad Opteron box with 32 GB of memory and be able to drive my projectors with edge blending... I don't see any new nvidia options similar to the edge blending functions on the driver setup dialog under Windows. Is this something that will be added to the AMD64 Linux drivers ?

Thanks,
Kevin
kdgassiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 08:36 PM   #2
whig
550Ti

Default Re: Edge blending with Quadro card and AMD64 Linux drivers ?

If you are talking about anti-aliasing it can be controlled by an environment variable or the nvidia-settings program. Look in /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README for explanations of this.
whig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-04, 11:21 PM   #3
catach

Default Re: Edge blending with Quadro card and AMD64 Linux drivers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdgassiot
I have worked with the edge blending on the Quadro cards under Windows, and am buying 4 of the FX3000s for driving vis center projectors with PCs. Now, to get rid of my Onyx, I really need to be able to do the same thing under Linux (specifically AMD64 Linux). I need to put a card in a quad Opteron box with 32 GB of memory and be able to drive my projectors with edge blending... I don't see any new nvidia options similar to the edge blending functions on the driver setup dialog under Windows. Is this something that will be added to the AMD64 Linux drivers ?
kdgassiot, do you have a web page or something showing your research so far? I am also working in the same area and am very interested to see what else is going on
catach is offline   Reply With Quote