Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-02, 08:58 AM   #13
volt

Yes, and obviously person who posted it has reading problems.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 09:33 AM   #14
pelly

If someone has a problem with this review, they should email me ( the author ) at: pelly@nvnews.net

When I originally approached Mike regarding this review, I was pushing for him to allow it to illustrate to the hardware community that we are unbiased and objective.

Unfortunately, there are some individuals who ( without reading the review ), are convinced that we are biased sell-outs. If I had a dime for every comment I have received that is clearly disputed in the review, I could buy a new car.

So, if anyone wants to point the finger at anyone...please, send it my way. You can look forward to getting one right back at ya...

pelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 09:41 AM   #15
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

LOL! For all the crap you've put up with, you deserve that new cars! Where's the dime's fella's????
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 11:35 AM   #16
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

It's a good review. Very nice.

I guess I'm just jealous.
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 12:28 PM   #17
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Y Nvnews Is A Bunch Of Hypocrites

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodbob
I was shocked when I loaded up the website to day and found a link to a review of Radeon card not because they are review other cards but because of how they or more precisely Mike C has backstab the video card community.
Talk about shock. I was shocked after having received an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with the nForce2 motherboard kit I recently reviewed. Guess what? NVIDIA didn't demand that I review the nForce with a GeForce4, although I did. Like sbp said, times change.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 12:58 PM   #18
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Actually, I've found my nForce/Radeon combination to be rock solid. I'm expecting my R300/nForce2 combination I should have soon to be just as stable and agile.

Frankly, the Radeon 9700 is the only way to test AGP8x performance at the time of the article. I'm waiting to see who gets the first NV15/18 and 20/22 (4ti?) comparison out to see if the added bandwidth really does work.
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 01:05 PM   #19
styles-T
-========-

I dont think its worth it to respond to someone who has a problem writing a coherent sentence. Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem understanding this?

Quote:
I was shocked when I loaded up the website to day and found a link to a review of Radeon card not because they are review other cards but because of how they or more precisely Mike C has backstab the video card community.

styles-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 01:45 PM   #20
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by AshG
I'm waiting to see who gets the first NV15/18 and 20/22 (4ti?) comparison out to see if the added bandwidth really does work.
NV17 = GF4 MX; NV18 = GF4 MX w/8x AGP

NV25 = GF4 Ti; NV28 = GF4 Ti w/8x AGP

Gotta make sure you have the correct chip numbers hehehe.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-02, 02:18 PM   #21
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Quote:
Originally posted by !plonk*
I dont think its worth it to respond to someone who has a problem writing a coherent sentence. Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem understanding this?

Raises hand
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 06:08 PM   #22
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
Raises hand
Hey me too!

"I believe meh doesn't matter. Well now mike C the enternal but kiss he is was nice enough to post something on the website."

*walks away confuzled*
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 08:31 PM   #23
sbp

Wink

*sob* Darn you Mike C! Darn you pelly! You've contaminated this site with radeonitis!

Last edited by sbp; 10-28-02 at 08:35 PM.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-02, 10:20 AM   #24
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Yeah, you see... you review an ATI card and our visitors drop in inteligence and loose the ability to complete a coherent... errrmmm... something...

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote