Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-04, 12:29 PM   #157
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007
Default Re: ~ Official Doom3 Feedback Thread ~

Anyone else putting a couple rounds in the heads of "dead" bodies, just to be sure?
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 01:16 PM   #158
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

Someone tried the martianbuddy code from "www.martianbuddy.com"?
Whats in there?
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 01:26 PM   #159
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Talking Re: ~ Official Doom3 Feedback Thread ~

I grabbed my copy yesterday morning at 10 AM at my local EB Games. Let me tell you what. Everything that I've ever expected out of this game . . . WOW! I tried MP first. I first started a server to test controls, settings and what have you. Finally, I went online and played against other DOOMers. MP in Doom 3 is so fun. I don't care what other people think. It's challenging, for once.
I then got tempted to play SP, during the day. After playing for about 4-5 hours, this game rocks. The story keeps me on the edge of my seat at all times. There hasn't been a dull moment yet. It's cool how Id put small detail in the game like all the UAC videos and announcements. Once everything went hellish, I got paranoid and stayed paranoid. There are no other words to describe this game but amazing and groundbreaking. Now some people like to compare the graphics or gameplay to FarCry or HL2, but you gotta think about this. Every game has it's own style. You gotta respect that.
In conclusion, DOOM 3 ROCKS!!!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 01:48 PM   #160
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

I'm getting the same sound cut outs I get in Joint Operations.... though sound lasts for about 5 minutes in Doom 3.
Only way sound stays on all the time is to disable surround sound, and use 2 speaker sound (which sucks).

Tried installing the latest nForce drivers to see if that helped, but whenever I click the 'Setup' icon is just goes to the preparing setup screen, and disappears...never to be heard from again.

Any ideas?
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 07:59 PM   #161
quik_2_win

Default Re: Doom 3 feedback thread

Good stuff!
...Does anyone else wish there were grenades so we don't need to 'peek' around those corners when we know 'something bad is gonna happen'...this game begs for grenades...
quik_2_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 08:04 PM   #162
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik_2_win
Good stuff!
...Does anyone else wish there were grenades so we don't need to 'peek' around those corners when we know 'something bad is gonna happen'...this game begs for grenades...
That's why there are grenades in the game.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 08:21 PM   #163
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik_2_win
Good stuff!
hrm....there are
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 08:31 PM   #164
MrSavoy

Well I have waited to post my thought since I got the game on monday night because I wanted to play it a few days to truly get a real feel for the game. Overall I love the game. Coming from a long time Q3 player I can say its a great game no doubt. I run it on the system in my sig and it runs good at high quality at 1280 res with 4xaa and aa and as in NCP set to application controlled. I get 60-30 fps pending on action on the screen.
Now sp I find to run very well with very few slowish moments down to 20ish fps but its rare and still very playable. The problem I have is with the MP aspect of the game. First off I know all about the MP patch ID is supposed to release to fix the bugs in the in game server browser and I know there arent a ton of hosted "real" servers. there are a bunch but not what it will be in the coming weeks. So most of the games I have played are player hosted and thus very very very laggy. The lag aside I notice my performance fps wise in the MP is really not very good when theres alot of action going on. I mean at times I can run around a map and be 50-60 fps then move to a different area depending on the lighting and get like 30 ish fps....still not too bad and acceptable I guess. The problem I have( and I guess its a real problem for me coming from Q3 with a solid 125 fps and rapid fast precise mouse tracking and movement) is that the FPS dips at times in a hughe fire fight to single digits. I dont get why the SP never does this yet the MP does. I mean when that happens you all know how it gets, you cant track a thing its like a slide show and it pisses me off. I mean does anyone else have this problem? I know I'm cpu limited in my rig and thats my bottle neck but I want to know if this happens to anyone else. It seems, and I really didnt want to have to do this, that I will have to lower my res to maybe 1024 when I wanna play MP?? It gets terrible between the laggy **** server I'm playing on with 6 or 8 other people and then the firefights and I'm down in the single digits...to me this is unplayable and I'm very disapointed about it. Over all like I said above I love the game and it looks and plays great but the MP performance is a big letdown for me. Opinions guys?
3x EVGA, GeForce GTX 470's Superclocked (TRI-SLI) / 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar Black (WD6401AALS) (Raid 0) / LITE-ON CD-R/CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive / SAMSUNG DVD R/RW / Windows 7 Home Premium 64 / Westy 37" 1080P
MrSavoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-04, 08:47 PM   #165
Barrok

Ok, after jumping and cussing and being pretty much freaked out TWICE in the last two minutes, I have decided to take a break for 30 minutes or so! I was only playing for 10 minutes and got crazy scared. Damn you ID! You are ing me, but I love it! This game rules!

Last edited by Barrok; 08-04-04 at 08:58 PM.
Barrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 08:47 PM   #166
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

Found a solution to my problems. Use the nForce audio. IMO, it actually sounds better too.
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 09:47 PM   #167
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I finally got my rig back up and running again and have D3 up with a clean Windows install and the Cat 4.9 betas provided by ATI. I'm not having any technical issues with the game - it's running as I expected, 1280x1024, no AA/8x AF (in-game).

As far as gameplay, I'm about 30-45 minutes in and my first impression is: I waited four years for this?!?! Everything about the game feels very contrived and the graphics really aren't blowing me away. Again, these are just initial impressions and they are subject to change as I go forward, but so far (not) so good.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 09:56 PM   #168
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Hey, your loss Saturnotaku.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote