Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-04, 12:53 AM   #97
JumboJack

Default Re: Disappointed...

I dunno, it seems if they would have went all out, no one would be able to use ultra quality, but 6800 can handle it easily.

Specs:
p4c 3.4ghz
2gb kingston hyperx pc3200
asus p4p800
pny 6800ultra
JumboJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 01:29 AM   #98
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Disappointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
damn u and that cowbell icon...I really want to find a clip of that sketch. =/ I got a fever...and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Don't fear the reaper would be NOTHING! with out cow bell. NOTHING! YOU HEAR ME!?

BTW That pic you showed in post 1 is the only one I have seen with that blurry of texture.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 01:57 AM   #99
nvnews-reader

Default Re: ~ Official Doom3 Feedback Thread ~

Its has given me the chills several times now.

The characters look good but it's the lighting, background, and mood of the game that sets it apart. Very dark.

It's a slow paced game which I prefer. You need to use the flash light all the time which adds to the scarriness when a monstor jumps out and and you need to switch to a weapon before you can do anything.

I've been playing at 12X10, 2xaa, high detail. I'm getting occassional slowdowns usually when there are extra light sources (fire balls... ) and when I enter a new room. It might be my memory thats causing the problems. Still very playable 30-60 fps.
nvnews-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 02:37 AM   #100
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Talking just got doom3 :D (is something wrong?)

after about 8 near death experiences from attempting to drive 100MPH in my poor widdle jeep, i managed to get doom and make it home alive .

when i got it, i must say, i was very disappointed in the textures. many places looked highly pixelated, even from a good distance of atleast 5 feet. i've looked at screenshots to check this to make sure it's not just me, and it doesn't seem to be. does anyone have more info on this? here's a screenshot for an example (i will get more if i need to).

also, if you know of a good program for converting .tga pictures to .jpg/.png, i'd really appreciate it (as you can see the one i'm using i only found as a trial, lol).

also, i'd like to point out that what makes this game look so excellent is the bumpmapping and the lighting... and even though i'm curious about the textures bit, i am very pleased with how this game looks and feels; i think the screenshots do not give it the glory you would experience from actually playing the game. i will try to get fraps and record a small video of some really insane lighting effects for those who haven't yet seen it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fence.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	7290  
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 02:41 AM   #101
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN
Wink Re: just got doom3 :D (is something wrong?)

use acdsee 32 for changing the file format of your shots,the level of detail you have the game set at,will heavilyeffect the resolution of the in-game texture detail,that shot looks like it was taken at low detail,because at high or
ultra it is far far better.

ps:your supposed to post this type of stuff here : >>

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33595
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 02:50 AM   #102
Toad
Lurking

Default Re: just got doom3 :D (is something wrong?)

SlowView and IrfanView are freeware programs that'll also do the job.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 03:27 AM   #103
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default Re: just got doom3 :D (is something wrong?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH0DAN
use acdsee 32 for changing the file format of your shots,the level of detail you have the game set at,will heavilyeffect the resolution of the in-game texture detail,that shot looks like it was taken at low detail,because at high or
ultra it is far far better.

ps:your supposed to post this type of stuff here : >>

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33595
sorry, i saw it as more of a question than feedback. i see it's been moved though .

that was in either ultra or high quality mode, i'm thinking ultra.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 03:34 AM   #104
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Multiplayer aint half bad

Old 08-03-04, 04:53 AM   #105
nvnews-reader

How do you run the time demo? I saw it somewhere but I can't find it now.
nvnews-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 05:41 AM   #106
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

I got the game this morning, went to see Chronicles of Riddick afterwards, got home, played it since. The game is awesome! The graphics... wow... far superior to anything I've ever seen, by a long shot.

Wooo!!!

Doom 3!
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 07:02 AM   #107
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Nine
My initial impressions are up on my blog (see blog link in my sig). In a nutshell, the game has one glaring design error that i'm having a hard time getting past.

-k
Do you mean the lack of light coming from gunfire? I'm not sure which game you're playing, but gunfire definitely has a flash of brightness associated with it.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 09:21 AM   #108
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Game hasn't even been out a week yet and already somebody has a working coop mod.... a bunch of people were saying it wouldn't happen :\.

Got a link for that? CO-OP is one thing I was hoping for on this game!!!
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote