Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which has better overall graphics?
FarCry 15 15.15%
Doom3 57 57.58%
They are both good in their own ways 27 27.27%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-04, 11:10 PM   #13
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Default Re: Now That We've Seen It... FarCry vs. Doom3 Graphics

I think FarCry has the superior technology (3Dc, HDR, SM3.0, Offset mapping, Bumpmapping) and Doom3 has the better atmosphere, and artists for that matter, but apparently they like low rez textures.
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:10 PM   #14
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Others knew about Far Cry for longer than you or I did I'm sure though. id Software has a proven/glowing track record and so it's only natural for them to be in the spotlight from day one for each game they work on. Crytek was unproven, X-Isle never materialized, etc...again, only natural for them to fly low on radar.
well yeah, that's what i meant and i think that's what the original post meant: some were aware, but Crytek had nowhere near the attention and power behind its name as id did/does. they were a relatively unknown underdog and came out with guns a-blazing.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:12 PM   #15
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
well yeah, that's what i meant and i think that's what the original post meant: some were aware, but Crytek had nowhere near the attention and power behind its name as id did/does. they were a relatively unknown underdog and came out with guns a-blazing.
True, I see what you (and Sazar were saying). What I was saying is that there's a difference in isolated personal perception and fact. But sure, the consensus would definitely show id Software being more well known than Crytek.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:12 PM   #16
Son Goku

I can't find the demo on my HD anymore. Must have cleaned it outa my users directory sometime back. But I do have an email, where I sent some screenshots of it to a friend. The date stamp on the email is Tuesday, December 11, 2001 7:18 PM
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:17 PM   #17
anzak

Hmm, well if this is a matter of "quality" and "polish" then Doom 3 wins it in my book. When it comes down to engines I would really like to do the huge outdoor enviroments with full per pixel lighting done on the Doom 3 engine at a good speed. Im waiting for the demo before I pick up Doom 3 since im not a big fan of "run an gun" first person shooters.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:20 PM   #18
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
Im waiting for the demo before I pick up Doom 3 since im not a big fan of "run an gun" first person shooters.
Doom 3 is hardly "run and gun". It's more like...creep around "WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT???"...turn corner..."HOLY CRAP!!!"....

/me tinkles me trousers

creep around some more...blast the crap out of a zombie, demon or two...creep around...change trousers..."HOLY CRAP!!!!"....etc, etc

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.

Old 08-03-04, 11:21 PM   #19
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Doom 3 is hardly "run and gun". It's more like...creep around "WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT???"...turn corner..."HOLY CRAP!!!"....

/me tinkles me trousers

creep around some more...blast the crap out of a zombie, demon or two...creep around...change trousers..."HOLY CRAP!!!!"....etc, etc

hahahaha...yeah, definitely. There are a ton of "oh jesus!" moments.

in fact, this whole game is one big "oh jesus" moment. ugh. it is freakin' scary.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:21 PM   #20
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Well i can't pass judgement yet, seeing as i have yet to play it, but comparing to what i have seen, i'd have to say doom 3. BTW Anzak, Cool Avatar... lol
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-04, 11:21 PM   #21
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

How can you all be voting for doom? FarCry uses wayy more advanced tech...unless you guys mean the art?
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:27 PM   #22
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

It might use more advanced Tech, but look where Doom 3 gets without it. Now just please drop the whole "crap textures" thing, coz i'm pretty sure that there is a few people out there that are getting quite sick of it.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-04, 11:29 PM   #23
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel17
How can you all be voting for doom? FarCry uses wayy more advanced tech...unless you guys mean the art?
Everyone is fully aware of your take by now. Please give it a rest, you've become a broken record and it just seems like you are spamming.

Old 08-03-04, 11:56 PM   #24
ynnek

Uh... FarCry does not have 3Dc, HDR, or SM3.0.... yet at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel17
I think FarCry has the superior technology (3Dc, HDR, SM3.0, Offset mapping, Bumpmapping) and Doom3 has the better atmosphere, and artists for that matter, but apparently they like low rez textures.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote