Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-06-04, 09:56 PM   #13
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007
Default Re: A message to administrators

The search function works great, too.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-04, 11:06 PM   #14
Pantherman

Thanks for the reply. Multiple threads on the same topic are inevitable. When a thread is closed it's not deleted, obviously. I appreciate the fact that the moderators want to keep the Forum clear of so amy threads on the same topic.
Samsung 1024MB PC-3200 DDR RAM
Samsung 160GB HDD 7200 RPM
HP 400c 8X DVD-RW writer
ASUS CD-S480 16X CD-ROM
Boston Acoustics BA-735 speakers
Mitsubishi 22-inch DiamondPro 2070 SB
Pantherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 01:04 AM   #15
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherman
Thanks for the reply. Multiple threads on the same topic are inevitable. When a thread is closed it's not deleted, obviously. I appreciate the fact that the moderators want to keep the Forum clear of so amy threads on the same topic.

the mods do a heck of a lot of work behind the scenes

i know that a few forum sections have been cleaned up a little (single thread for similar discussion topics and the like)

it is inevitable as you say that multiple threads will begin for a certain topic...

if a topic has been active for a coupla days prior to a new thread being created it is best to close the newer thread and leave a redirect as the mods here tend to do... its messier merging because you have an active topic which is interjected with new posts that don't flow...

the search function is useful but I know a lot of people don't use it

I just click NEW posts as often as I can when I am logged on to see what I have missed and USUALLY I am up-to-date...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 02:29 AM   #16
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Problem was, This exact same post was on the first page still. It's not something that could have been missed, I looked down to see if it was posted and it was still on the same page.
Yeah, if it's on the first page...people should look that far. That in part was also what Udawg and I were discussing, and we both mentioned that we do this at least

As to the search function, yeah it's there, but what can I say, we're lazy gits There isn't a reason to not look on the first page though...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 08:52 AM   #17
NightFire
Bu Zi You, Wo Ning Si

Send a message via MSN to NightFire

We don't need gun control. We need bullet control.
I think all bullet's should cost $5000. You know why?
Because if all bullets cost $5000, there wouldn't be any innocent bystanders.
Somebody would be like:
"Damn, man! That guy just popped $50,000 worth of bullets in that guys arse!"
"Yeah man. He MUST have done something to deserve that!"

And you know, if bullets cost $5000 dollars, we would reduce the crime rate by a buch.
A guy'd be like:
"Man, I'd blow your brains out...if I could afford it! I'm getting to get me a job, work up real hard, save for a few years, and then, you're dead! You better hope I can't get any bullets on layaway!"

Ok. Totally , but hey...

SteelSoft Incorporated
Specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2.5GHz/512 MB PC2700 RAM/80 GB Western Digital Caviar/15 GB Maxtor/Diamond Viper X1950XT 256MB/Dell 1907FP 19" LCD Monitor/ASRock 939Dual SATA-2/1.44 MB Floppy/40x-12x-48x CD-RW/8x DVD-ROM
NightFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 10:44 AM   #18
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I only merge if the topics are almost identical and you are right about reading closed threads. The problem that some complain about is you have to go and find it since it gets pushed down and we all know people rarely look for older threads.

BTW My helmet roxors over yours
mine totally owns both of yours
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 10:50 PM   #19
UDawg
Retired spammer

Ya but your makes you look
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 11:45 PM   #20
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Ya but your makes you look
haha, you're just jealous
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-04, 11:50 PM   #21
Clay

I think it's pretty strong you didn't even bother to make it a transparent GIF. You couldn't get much more baseline that that...well, you could have used an old style punter's helmet with the single bar.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 08:13 PM   #22
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire
We don't need gun control. We need bullet control.
I think all bullet's should cost $5000. You know why?
Because if all bullets cost $5000, there wouldn't be any innocent bystanders.
Somebody would be like:
"Damn, man! That guy just popped $50,000 worth of bullets in that guys arse!"
"Yeah man. He MUST have done something to deserve that!"

And you know, if bullets cost $5000 dollars, we would reduce the crime rate by a buch.
A guy'd be like:
"Man, I'd blow your brains out...if I could afford it! I'm getting to get me a job, work up real hard, save for a few years, and then, you're dead! You better hope I can't get any bullets on layaway!"

Ok. Totally , but hey...

lol so true but then there would be a bigger black market for bullets.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote