Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-04, 10:40 AM   #97
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan
Default Re: Disappointments in doom 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Quit it with the childish complaining kids, people are bringing up their concerns with a game in a respectful and adult manner, you lot however are dismissing them like little children, almost fanboy like. Show some respect, the game has problems to some people and you have no right to start acting like idiots because somebody does not agree with you.
I don't think he is childish and bitching.
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:43 AM   #98
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I don't paticulary care what you think, either stop doing it or log out, your choice.
Old 08-12-04, 10:46 AM   #99
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Quit it with the childish complaining kids, people are bringing up their concerns with a game in a respectful and adult manner, you lot however are dismissing them like little children, almost fanboy like. Show some respect, the game has problems to some people and you have no right to start acting like idiots because somebody does not agree with you.
We're acting like idiots because we're asking people to stop complaining about insignificant flaws in Doom 3? Fanboy like, huh?

So we're idiots and fanboys? I'm sorry, I didn't realize name-calling was so mature and adult-like. And I can't think of anything more mature than whining about something over and over again like it's gonna make things better even though it won't. People love reading other people whine. Makes for great conversation, don't you think? And writing condescending posts while completely ignoring what was said is a great way to argue a point. I'm truly humbled by your wisdom.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:49 AM   #100
vampireuk
**** Holster

Ninja if you want to talk about this take it into private messages, what you were doing was showing a complete lack of respect for anybody who complained ever so slightly about the game. You will do as I say, as I said pm me if you wish but drop it in public.

Edit: Ninja if I see a stupid pm like that from you again you are banned son
Old 08-12-04, 10:50 AM   #101
evilchris

Hey Ninja do you read Jeff K btw? Jeff K rocks!
Old 08-12-04, 10:58 AM   #102
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Nope, never heard of him! I'll look him up though. What is he, a columnist or something? Google shall give me the answers...

Edited by vamp: expect a admin to contact you soon
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-12-04, 11:36 AM   #103
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Phew, thank god he's gone.

Right, shall we continue this like adults ?
Or are some of you going to continue with this chirade that nobody is allowed to voice their own concerns ?

i.d., aren't gods. Doom 3, isn't the second coming of Christ (if even there was a first). A forum is to debate things that some of us have concerns with.

I can't wait to see when HL2, and STALKER, are released, to see if people aren't allowed to voice concerns over them.

And I want to personally thank Vamp for keeping this clean.
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
SBLive Platinum + Livedrive II - 7 years old and STILL going strong
Windows XP Pro SP2
D.K.Tronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 11:48 AM   #104
Saint Lucifer
Not watching Manning poop

I don't think there's much to talk about after that little tirade, really. You think it's too dark, I like it like that. You're not exactly going to change my mind, nor will I change your's.

And your avatar is mesmerizing.

Old 08-12-04, 11:51 AM   #105
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Banned over a strong Doom3 view? The guy just had a strong view not like he cussed or called anyone out or nasty names. Scarier than the game. On topic though I think the one thing that Doom3 did different that most can agree on is was with the flash light which at the same time most are dissapointed with even though I had no problem with it and felt it added to the game. Thats why we have no change in this genre I think everyone wants everything to be the same. BF: Vietnam to be like BF:1942, Far Cry like Doom, I am stretching but get my drift? Always comparing and complain instead of enjoying a game for what it is. It was not the best greatest game I ever played but was ok and I took it for what it was. Some of you are just to technical and should be designing games instead of playing them.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 11:54 AM   #106
Saint Lucifer
Not watching Manning poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
Banned over a strong Doom3 view? The guy just had a strong view not like he cussed or called anyone out or nasty names. Scarier than the game.
I've said some pretty rude things to Vamp, and I've never been banned or anything. So he is reasonably tolerant.

I imagine Ninjaman09 was excessively rude and hostile.
Old 08-12-04, 11:57 AM   #107
vampireuk
**** Holster

OK guys Ninja and I have talked it over on irc and he is welcome back at the forums now, lets let bygones be bygones
Old 08-12-04, 12:07 PM   #108
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

vampireuk and I have settled this thing in a civil manner.

To start with, I want to clarify that if my speech seemed abrasive it was merely to further my point, not to attack any board members. It isn't my intention to insult anyone, merely to debate my views. I do apologize to those who felt insulted by my posts.

With that said, I stand by my comments. My point is that the people complaining about Doom 3 are doing so with blatant disregard to its merits. This creates the impression that the game is riddled with problems and not worth the money. While this may be your opinion, it is not shared by many others when compared to the current base of people who have played Doom 3 and my point is that WE GET IT, you don't like it. Enough already. From an objective perspective it isn't as bad as you say and I still challenge any one of you to actually respond to the points I make in my posts rather than making off-topic remarks. And D.K.Tronics, I agree that people should be allowed to post their views on a subject. However, if someone disagrees with you, they too should be allowed to express their views. I made a blanket attack on Doom 3-haters and backed it up with valid points to which no one has yet responded. In a debate, that's what we'd call "winning". Read LiquidX's post as well, as he makes some very good points.

By the way, vampireuk did not ban me for disagreeing strongly. The PMs I sent him were extremely inflammatory and I deserved what I got, but like I said, we settled it between ourselves. He's not some brutal facist admin or anything.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410