Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-18-04, 09:16 PM   #13
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default Re: nvnews is constipated

yes, it was a grammatical error in the way of me not explaining things well... similar to ambiguous pronouns, this falls into the category of "improper use of relative terms" using the term "never" as a relative term is not proper, as it should distinguish during the time i have been present and doesn't.

like i said, i'm not complaining, so please no harassing the camel, lmao. i was just curious what the problem was, and if there would be an estimated time when it's fixed.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 09:55 PM   #14
de><ta
prodigy

A few other forums too I have noticed are sluggish.

Hope you can fix it, mysql... yucky yucky...

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 10:05 PM   #15
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel
yes, it was a grammatical error in the way of me not explaining things well... similar to ambiguous pronouns, this falls into the category of "improper use of relative terms" using the term "never" as a relative term is not proper, as it should distinguish during the time i have been present and doesn't.

like i said, i'm not complaining, so please no harassing the camel, lmao. i was just curious what the problem was, and if there would be an estimated time when it's fixed.
No problem. I was not trying to "harass" you (there you go again with the improper use terms). Rather, I was simply wanting to give a more accurate depiction of nV News' uptime. Prior to the currrent host, for example, nV News had an uptime of over 340 consecutive days.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 10:21 PM   #16
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

haha, i was just kidding

i just wanted to point out that what i said didn't directly correlate with what i meant
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 10:22 PM   #17
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel
haha, i was just kidding

i just wanted to point out that what i said didn't directly correlate with what i meant
LOL, I've been there myself...often...earlier today actually.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 10:21 AM   #18
Electronic Punk
itwillalwaysbewithyou

Send a message via AIM to Electronic Punk Send a message via Yahoo to Electronic Punk

While I know sod all about mysql, I will try and get my server guy on the case for you.
Will try and get in touch whne I finish work (5 or so hours)
Electronic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 11:21 AM   #19
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

well fancy seeing you here EP

I just checked on IRC... I think X is having a nice nap still

I posted some more info in the mysql thread... hopefully he'll have a look it before he drops by here
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 12:55 PM   #20
Pandora's Box

Send a message via AIM to Pandora's Box Send a message via MSN to Pandora's Box

stupid server WORK! *hits server* argh! stupid mysql *hits creator of mysql*
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.00 | AMD Athlon XP 2700+ | 1.5GB DDR333 RAM | OCZ PowerStream 520Watt | eVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB Zalman VF700 CU | Western Digital 120GB 8MB Cache 7200 RPM | Western Digital 60GB 2MB Cache 7200 RPM | Athenatech A602 Case | Linksys WMP54GS SpeedBooster Wireless Card
Pandora's Box is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-04, 02:49 PM   #21
Son Goku

Will the server issues actually get resolved? Yeah, it's been a bear for awhile.

Before long I reacon saz will end up getting these 2 user communities merged together or something

Oh, and speaking of slow, my father only has a 28.8 Kbps modem on his comp. Now that does bring back memories from many, many years ago
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 03:07 PM   #22
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

We feel your pain, Mike has called on the help of a resident MySQL expert to take a look at the vB database. Rest assured we're doing our best to get it resolved
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 04:10 PM   #23
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Will the server issues actually get resolved? Yeah, it's been a bear for awhile.

Before long I reacon saz will end up getting these 2 user communities merged together or something

Oh, and speaking of slow, my father only has a 28.8 Kbps modem on his comp. Now that does bring back memories from many, many years ago
not so... we had a similar issue not so long ago... it is only logical to assume that the lads who dealt with it then may be able to help out a little with what mike is trying to do...

the good news is NVN is usable and reasonably speedy @ the moment with a coupla hacks turned off

might I suggest turning off the quick reply as well mike and see if that helps out any...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 04:21 PM   #24
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
not so... we had a similar issue not so long ago... it is only logical to assume that the lads who dealt with it then may be able to help out a little with what mike is trying to do...
hehe, I'm just joking a little m8 I noticed you got Udawg to sign up over there though

BTW (and rather OT), I had a little chore getting to the air port, and they had a bit of trouble with the luggage at this end; but I made it here OK...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote