Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-04, 04:04 AM   #1
doodlebob
Nyengh-nugh-huh habba-ba

Default Church of Ruins

I finished my map today check it out.

You can grab it here.http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Church_of_Ruins;29729(do not select filefont on this page its down.)
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5275(must login)
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2448#(do not select filefont on this page its down.)

description:
A small church is over run by demons on mars and it is your mission to destroy them to protect earth.There are a couple of hidden rooms and supprises waiting for you to find them.Also some rooms must be cleared of enemys before you can progress farther into the level to complete your objective.

I want your immpressions both good and bad.
AMD 64 3500+ Winchester --Thermaltake Tsunami Dream -- MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM -- Evga Geforce 6800 -- OCZ ModStream 450W -- Corsair Dual Channel Kit 1GB -- NEC Floppy Drive -- NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW -- Audigy 2 ZS-- Hitachi 160GB-- Logitech 5300z

Last edited by doodlebob; 08-21-04 at 11:33 PM.
doodlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 05:38 AM   #2
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Default Re: Church of Ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebob
I finished my map today check it out.
Pictures
Snach it from here mapraider

description:
A small church is over run by demons on mars and it is your mission to destroy them to protect earth.There are a couple of hidden rooms and supprises waiting for you to find them.Also some rooms must be cleared of enemys before you can progress farther into the level to complete your objective.

I want your immpressions both good and bad.

awesome!!! simply awesome!!

anyone should really download that SP map.. there is more intense action in that map that in many of the retail game together.. hehe
have not fisnished the level ,but a first suggestion is the shadows for the lamp in the second floor looks not realistic. try using a proyected textures for soft shadows instead. graphics are really good ,gameplay too. hats off for excelent job.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 07:35 AM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

The overall design is very good. I do get some pretty big slowdowns on my 6800 Ultra, though - drops down into the high teens at 1600x1200, no AA, 4x AF especially in the initial outdoor area.

My biggest complaint relates to enemy spawning in the first part. Perhaps there's a way to incorporate a 1-2 second delay from the time the marine picks up the weapon. Or maybe move the spawn location away from the weapons. The cacodemons show up and I'm down like 10 health before I've had a chance to get a shot off.

Excellent map otherwise.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 09:20 AM   #4
doodlebob
Nyengh-nugh-huh habba-ba

Default Re: Church of Ruins Single player map

saturnotaku I wanted the map to be challenging but look around outside and inside and you will find some ammo. Yea its possible to use a delay.
AMD 64 3500+ Winchester --Thermaltake Tsunami Dream -- MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM -- Evga Geforce 6800 -- OCZ ModStream 450W -- Corsair Dual Channel Kit 1GB -- NEC Floppy Drive -- NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW -- Audigy 2 ZS-- Hitachi 160GB-- Logitech 5300z
doodlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 09:30 AM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Church of Ruins Single player map

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebob
Yea its possible to use a delay.
That's all I would really want. Just give 1-2 seconds to get our bearings, then rock and roll!
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 10:55 AM   #6
Arioch

I'll have to check this out later!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote