Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-04, 03:17 PM   #13
aAv7

Default Re: X-box owners screwed by Id!

well concering the thread- xbox owners will have halo 2 to play, and last time I checked...since doom 3 sucked on pc-it wont get any better on console, so their not missing anything.

concerning what everyone has turned the thread into....I wouldnt say consoles are for kids, but I do feel more kids own them because of their cheaper prices and lighter hearted games. I own a xbox, but I only play limited games on it. Before Halo came to pc I used to call my xbox the halo tv adapter...until I started getting into NFL Fever, which they discontinued.....so it looks like this november it will become my halo 2 tv adapter =) I might give Fable a try...other than that, nothing has ever really interested me on the system in the past and the future doesnt look anymore interesting imo. Too many sequels and unoriginal titles...GTA 5 : SOS (Same old sh*t)
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 08-21-04, 06:37 PM   #14
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
well concering the thread- xbox owners will have halo 2 to play, and last time I checked...since doom 3 sucked on pc-it wont get any better on console, so their not missing anything.
Old 08-21-04, 06:44 PM   #15
Jocomp10

Yeah I don't see aneything wrong with the Xbox, almost considering buying one just to play halo 2 since there hasent been aney word on the port to pc.
VID: XFX Geforce 7900GT @ 560/1700
Old 08-21-04, 06:56 PM   #16
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
Awww poor lil console gamers gotta wait till next year to play doom 3 on their Tv sets!!!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ogames_doom_dc

Either that or grow up and buy a real gaming PC!

See my sig? I have a real gaming PC. Guess what? I also own an Xbox and love it. I am 29 years old. I think you should grow up. The Xbox delivers a gaming experience different than PC, and at times superior.
Old 08-21-04, 06:57 PM   #17
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf165
It would take me months to get used to playing FPS games on a console controller, and I still wouldn't be as good at it.

I have seen some pretty amazing graphics on modern made-for-console games though.
It took me about, oh about 1 hour of playing Halo and I was used to playing FPS with a controller.
Old 08-21-04, 07:03 PM   #18
evilchris

Blah why can't we edit in this forum? Anyway, I was going to add that one thing I love about Xbox is the sound support. I have a Denon AVR-3805 receiver and about $4k in speakers making up my home theater. With the Xbox DD support and that setup, no PC system in the world can recreate that sound experience. I don't see PC speaker using twin driver 1,500 Watt RMS subs =)

What PC sound card can match this too:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdf...05%20Final.pdf

My point is each platform has it's strengths. The PC has it's graphics and mod advantage and the Xbox pretty much everything else.
Old 08-21-04, 07:03 PM   #19
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocomp10
there hasent been aney word on the port to pc.
It's not going to happen.
Old 08-21-04, 07:59 PM   #20
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
Anyway, I was going to add that one thing I love about Xbox is the sound support. I have a Denon AVR-3805 receiver and about $4k in speakers making up my home theater. With the Xbox DD support and that setup, no PC system in the world can recreate that sound experience. I don't see PC speaker using twin driver 1,500 Watt RMS subs =)
I was thinking that as well, my new Audigy 2 works alright with a *decent* 4 speaker surround system, but it just can't touch my home theater setup (and of course I'd need to buy the $200 Audigy Platnum if I wanted to be able to output to it since the normal A2 is apperently not good enough to have an optic audio output ). I'm really suprised at the sound capabilities of the Xbox, I'm pretty sure games even have occlusion and reverb support, something very few PC games do very well.

Old 08-21-04, 08:44 PM   #21
Jocomp10

Quote:
Blah why can't we edit in this forum? Anyway, I was going to add that one thing I love about Xbox is the sound support. I have a Denon AVR-3805 receiver and about $4k in speakers making up my home theater. With the Xbox DD support and that setup, no PC system in the world can recreate that sound experience. I don't see PC speaker using twin driver 1,500 Watt RMS subs =)
well technicaly if you had the right sound card you could hook your pc up to your home theatre system, but not alot of pc games make good use of 5.1 sound.
VID: XFX Geforce 7900GT @ 560/1700
Old 08-21-04, 09:06 PM   #22
gmontem

Quote:
What PC sound card can match this too:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdf...05%20Final.pdf

My point is each platform has it's strengths. The PC has it's graphics and mod advantage and the Xbox pretty much everything else.
Why are you trying to compare sound cards to a receiver? They are not the same and at best they compliment each other. The receiver is nothing without a source, e.g. DVD player, sound card, .... Similar logic applies to the sound card. If the sound card's DAC sucks, you can always use the receiver's or buy a high-end, perhaps modded, external DAC.

I'm curious what speakers do you use and what's the rest of your HT rig?
Old 08-21-04, 10:11 PM   #23
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Computers and computer games have always been about two generations ahead of the consoles, but consoles are cheap. They suck for FPS games, but they work for just about anything else.
Old 08-21-04, 10:49 PM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheimison
They suck for FPS games, but they work for just about anything else.
If all console FPS games had a control scheme as elegant as Halo, I think things would be a lot different. But otherwise I completely agree with you.
Closed Thread