Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-04, 11:30 PM   #13
mezkal

Default Re: Valve's trend continue's...8/23-still no pre-load

Jeez what abt your OS? MS Lies and Cheats. Still haven't seen many Linux adopters spring forth in the last 5 years. Sure there are some who have both, some in transition. But XP sold in record numbers. As did 98, ME, 2K and of course 95.

TF wasn't lie. It was previewed (extremely loosely if you're going to really be accurate - some gameplay footage and a variety of shots which spawned the TFItaly map for heaps of other FPS's) and that was abt it. Heaps of games get previewed and dissapear into the mists. The fact that it's remained so memorable means that it's a testament to how it innovated.

Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ clear side door and all three fans mounted
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU
Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS Fanless
2 x Dvico Hybrid HDTV tuners
1 x Loewe 32" SDTV @ 1440x820 custom res via SVIDEO
(can't afford a new TV just yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVJoe
In defense of Cooper Lawrence : "I hate gamers and the gaming community."
mezkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-04, 11:31 PM   #14
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezkal
Guys you need to calm down. It's coming. It will be released. The pre-load wouldn't have happened (read : distributing thier costly R & D'd I.P) if the game wasn't close to release.

So what if it's LATE. And yes it IS late. Very Late. But then Half Life 1 was 3 Years Late. Historically software releases, movies and archictecture are all late in thier release schedules.

I'm getting a little sick of people crying about the pre-loads as if they have a RIGHT to them. Be honest with yourselves. You pre-load the game in the hopes that you'll be the first on the block with it up and running. Well that's the catch with ANY type of early adoption, the bleeding edge cuts sometimes. Deal with it. Stop acting as if you actually count to Valve as much more then a Beta tester (in more ways than just bandwitdth btw, I'm sure they're measuring what sort of user dropoff this creates for thier potential subscription and supply service) for Steam. You don't. The guys who got thier cards from ATI should just be happy that they're getting a Triple A title that won't be old by the time its released too them. Well that and the fact that they can run CS : Source right now. Oh yeah and the Stress Test too.

Clamouring to the hills about how Valve BETTAH LERN ABT RELEAZE SCHEDOOLS IFN THEY WANN4 S3LL SOURCE is just plain dumb. Get it right. Gabe Newell (big man that he is Ho Ho ) is living his dream. You're just salivating over it. Stop bitching. Go and play some other game and let the team do what they do. Yeah it's LATE. WE KNOW. Get over it. Watching a kettle boil is pointless. Didn't your mothers teach you anything?

For the record : I Loved Half Life. I also adored Blue Shift (which I recently played again on my DreamCast -ssshhh). I'm anxious too. I want this game so bad I've actually dreamt about it. Even so @ 31 I've learnt that life just tests your patience sometimes. This is one of those times.

Last time I checked it was a free country and an open forum to opinionate, no one is forcing you to read our opinions, so it makes you look quite bitter to pin point our gripes and turn them into your own. If you dont like readin such things, dont...like you said about HL2 being late.."get over it".
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-04, 11:36 PM   #15
XP_GUN

I dont even think we should even speck about HL2 until it is gold then talk about how cool it is. In the mean time I just think about 2 great games farcry and doom3... And maby that trick that dawn can do
Old 08-23-04, 11:37 PM   #16
mezkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
Last time I checked it was a free country and an open forum to opinionate, no one is forcing you to read our opinions, so it makes you look quite bitter to pin point our gripes and turn them into your own. If you dont like readin such things, dont...like you said about HL2 being late.."get over it".
Dude. I think you misread me. It is a free country. Your opinion's just as valid as mine. But seriously don't you think you're getting a little too heated over a late game? I mean think about us Halo fans. That was scheduled for April LAST year, then October, then Christmas, then March and so on.. Game get released late. The playing field shuffles. Different hardware changes in purchased prefererence. It's just the nature of things. Learn to live with that and other people's opinions.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 08-23-04, 11:56 PM   #17
aAv7

At least M$ was decent enough to keep their fans updated on the Halo 2 delays-rather than leave them in the dark. =)~

And it's hard for me to live with other people's opinion's-especially when certain people go out of their way to call me a dick head.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 08-23-04, 11:59 PM   #18
mezkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
At least M$ was decent enough to keep their fans updated on the Halo 2 delays-rather than leave them in the dark. =)~

And it's hard for me to live with other people's opinion's-especially when certain people go out of their way to call me a dick head.
I'd hardly call typing two words going out of my way. But if you say so :P
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 08-24-04, 01:37 AM   #19
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

If software releases are always ******* late, why can't the retard companies estimate a realistic release date instead of constantly pushing things back? Personally I'd prefer to patch something than not have it, people may complain about all the patches for Microsoft products, but at least Windows 98 came out before ****ing 2003.
Old 08-24-04, 02:18 AM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Valve loses either way, really. They release a buggy game saying they will patch it later. You get people complaining about delaying the game for forever and still not fixing stuff. You delay the game until most of the stuff is fixed and blah blah blah everybody cries because it isn't out.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-04, 02:40 AM   #21
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Once the game is here nobody will complain any more.... but, if valve releases a buggy game, then people will complain until it is fixed. I say give them all the time they need. It only guarantees a better play the first time through.

You wanna play a half finished game? Go download the alpha, its all over the internet.
Old 08-24-04, 11:30 AM   #22
aAv7

I'd rather have a buggy game than no game at all. But something tells me bugs arent why it's being held back.

Old 08-24-04, 01:42 PM   #23
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom

valve could have avoided all of this by NOT ANNOUNCING THE GAME SO DAMN EARLY! We didnt know it was coming out, and if they waited until they were at least on beta before telling us, it wouldve been better for everyone.
- cool!
- oh wait, never mind. i just peed on myself

---------------------------------------------------------
Mein Comp!:
MSI 6380 kt266| XP 1700+| 512M PC3200 @ 266mhz | 80 gig | MSI radeon 9800 pro 128m (r360 core)| nec 2500a 8x single layer burn (dl hack)| thermaltake silentpower 420W PSU| POS generic case| Grado SR 60 headphones
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 01:46 PM   #24
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

You say that now, but really you wouldn't. Because lets think about it... Valve releases... lets say tomorrow. Then some huge bug wasn't fixed. Of course in Valve style it will take them 2 years to fix the bug .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote