Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-04, 09:30 PM   #1
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Default I'm sick of people complaining about tactics

I hate when people complain about some tactic (like 'camping') or snipers or someone who uses a specific weapon. God damn it, it's in the game, if you don't like it don't play or make your own damn game where they can't do it. Personally I don't care what tactics someone else uses, my business is to be concerned with my own strategy and how to beat those others. If someone is sitting behind a box and he shoots you when you run by without glancing at it, then you're suffering a defeat for weaknesses in your play style.

I think the reason most people whine about campers, aside from being irritating 12 year olds who knock over the chess board when they lose, is because they're too lazy to pay attention to their enviroment (situational awareness, in military terms). Why don't you complain about people who can shoot you in the head because its a faster kill? Call them 'Aimers'. Or complain about someone who walks silently instead of running, call them 'Shift-Key *****s'. ****in' babies.

For the record I don't camp because I'm too impatient and I don't snipe because I can't aim. But I also don't cry because someone happened to come from somewhere I wasn't looking and shoot me. I know people can hide behind boxes, and if I don't look when I run by then it's at my own risk.
Old 08-25-04, 09:53 PM   #2
aAv7

Default Re: I'm sick of people complaining about tactics

Come on..admit it...you camp....." want some hot dogs for that fire" you camper! =P hehehehe just playin. =)
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 09:56 PM   #3
Riptide

I agree. They wouldn't put the AVRIL in UT2K4 if they didn't want you to use it. People that fly a raptor and hate you for using it need to bugger off. They can avoid an AVRIL, if they're good.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 10:02 PM   #4
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

have you considered the possibility that people whining in a game is a tactic to piss other gamers off and throw off their mojo so that the whiners can then gain the upper-hand
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 10:08 PM   #5
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Not really, as I just ignore them automatically.
Old 08-26-04, 01:27 PM   #6
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners. I can deal with campers if a server is full to say like 20 people because its fun trying to seek them out but other than taht. Tactics my balls.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 01:38 PM   #7
Edge
3d animator for hire!

If people don't like you camping in an FPS game, tell them to go play a split-screen console FPS game
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 07:34 PM   #8
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

"You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners."
I bet you especially hate it when those 'idiots' kill you. You're just whiney because you get owned. If the map is too sparse for you, play another server.

Old 08-27-04, 12:02 AM   #9
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Interesting name for camping. "Tactics". Tactics indeed...
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:13 AM   #10
MrSavoy

If your into camping go buy a dam tent, if you wanna actually play grow some balls and come out of the shadoes and fight I say. LOL actually i couldnt care les who camps and who doesnt I frag the campers as easy as anyone else. So GG campers.
3x EVGA, GeForce GTX 470's Superclocked (TRI-SLI) / 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar Black (WD6401AALS) (Raid 0) / LITE-ON CD-R/CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive / SAMSUNG DVD R/RW / Windows 7 Home Premium 64 / Westy 37" 1080P
MrSavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:52 AM   #11
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Camping is a mildly effective tactic if you keep switching camp spots, otherwise, like any tactic, I can figure out what you're doing and get you.
Old 08-27-04, 04:01 AM   #12
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Camping in some cases is extremely lame. For example spawn camping or in SOF2 when the blue team is suppose to grab the case and they hang around at their spawn camping away instead of heading for the case. If a person camps in the same place over and over again just go a different way and catch them off guard then mock them once you stab them