Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-04, 04:03 AM   #13
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: I'm sick of people complaining about tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheimison
"You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners."
I bet you especially hate it when those 'idiots' kill you. You're just whiney because you get owned. If the map is too sparse for you, play another server.
No he is right 5 people on a server and 3 of them camping is pathetic. In that situation the people hiding in the corners are too scared to actually die in game, it ruins the game if every single person camps the map like that
Old 08-27-04, 04:10 AM   #14
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Then Play Another Server.
Old 08-27-04, 04:29 AM   #15
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

What would be better if you would play on another server (assuming that you're one of those 3 people camping).
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 04:50 AM   #16
mezkal

Quote:
You play the 'tactics' that are relevant to the gametype and server you join. Unless you have people running defence in Inf, CTF or other teamed games (except TDM) camping period is pretty lame. People who play TDM and rely on it to win usually are annoying and underskilled IMHO.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ clear side door and all three fans mounted
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU
Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS Fanless
2 x Dvico Hybrid HDTV tuners
1 x Loewe 32" SDTV @ 1440x820 custom res via SVIDEO
(can't afford a new TV just yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVJoe
In defense of Cooper Lawrence : "I hate gamers and the gaming community."
mezkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 05:05 AM   #17
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

I hate when people call you "back shooter". Thats just stupid, they actualy expect me to tell them to turn around so I can shoot...
Also "hey, not fair 3 vs 1".......

I like it how in Enemy Territory when they call you name you can voice say "thank you" or "danke".
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 05:30 AM   #18
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
That doesn't stop it from been lame
Old 08-27-04, 10:19 AM   #19
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Camping in some cases is extremely lame. For example spawn camping or in SOF2 when the blue team is suppose to grab the case and they hang around at their spawn camping away instead of heading for the case.
Well good sir I agree and disagee. I play a lot of SOF2, INF on-line (its about the only one I play on-line now). And there is a fine line with base camping...and protecting your teams flank. Lots of times in maps like Shop2, a majority of the blue team will rush one way..which leaves the red team to come around and easly take them out from behind. I can not count the number of times I have been on red and cleaned up in this mannor. My thinking is I have the full round timer to get the case, why not wait for the first minute or two and see if I can hold off a red rush, then go for the case. So for the first 1/2 of the rount I usally try to watch who goes which direction and then watch the kill messages...if I see a few blue players go down then I know red is coming and should prepare for it. However people can take that to the extreme and try to get on the roof

Anyways I think that in some of the more team based games camping at some of the choke points is vitial to help your team win, however it can go over to the lame area if abused..

I also agree with the poster. I can not count the number of times in SOF2, I get someone with the M203 and they call me a no skill lamer? I am sorry next time I see you I will put down all weapons and try to take you out with nothing more than my sharp penny, would that be enough skill for you then I mean come on people these things are used in real life.. Then dont even get my started about the BFG winers in the old Q2 games....
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 11:23 AM   #20
vampireuk
**** Holster

Shop2 is a terrible map, it's a campers paradise and you can also cheat on it, but I won't mention how

Old 08-27-04, 11:29 AM   #21
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom

for a while, i used to play just to hunt down campers. a camper camper.
- cool!
- oh wait, never mind. i just peed on myself

---------------------------------------------------------
Mein Comp!:
MSI 6380 kt266| XP 1700+| 512M PC3200 @ 266mhz | 80 gig | MSI radeon 9800 pro 128m (r360 core)| nec 2500a 8x single layer burn (dl hack)| thermaltake silentpower 420W PSU| POS generic case| Grado SR 60 headphones
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:31 PM   #22
ynnek

Lol, in college I used to play alot of Q2CTF over at Springfield.. And my friends always wondered how I scored so high all the time.. so they came over my dorm and watched me play..

"dude, almost every rail you get is in the back, or they don't even see you!" lol. I remmeber while they were shouting that, a guy on the screen saw me, and actually turned around presenting his back, which I promply railed.. "WTF, did that guy just turn around so you could rail him in the back?" lmao.

So since then everytime I play any game now, they always ask me, "so how many people did you shoot in the back this time?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafet
I hate when people call you "back shooter". Thats just stupid, they actualy expect me to tell them to turn around so I can shoot...
Also "hey, not fair 3 vs 1".......

I like it how in Enemy Territory when they call you name you can voice say "thank you" or "danke".
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 12:49 PM   #23
Slyder
AMD + Nv = pro gaming rig

It gets to me when people use cheats as "tactics" I played SoF2 up untill christmas, mainly because it had PunkBuster where SoF1 didnt. The only reason I left was because the game was plagued with moaning kids, and M203 noobs (sorry jbirney) While the 203 is a legal weapon in the game, there was a certain dignity to not using it, or in other words its basically a weapon that requires no skill to use cause it just blows up anything within your desired target. Mind you saying that, I stayed in Jolt 2 CTF where they had that gun disabled thank god. Tactics are needed in a game thou, I used to flame nade there base to keep them at bay but run straight towards there flag to take it, and maybe flame it on the way back. Thats a tactic imho. What is not a tactic, is to run to there base with the intention to just camp and flame the enemy.

I just play Call of Duty online now, because it has PB anti cheat, and a nice mature community. The only noob weapon is the panzerfaust which is disabled on most servers anyway.
Maxtor 6Y080L0 7200rpm 80 gig DiamondMax Plus 9 HDD
Gigabyte Dual 6600GT SLI Enabled
CTX VL701B 17ins CRT 0.27dpi 72khz MPRII Black
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
BenQ DW1655 LS DVD-Rewriter with BCDB f/w (ohh yes, get on)
LiteOn 48246S CD writer with SS0E f/w
NTL 10 meg cable connection thru Ambit 250 modem. Ethernet connected
Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router with 1.05.00 f/w
Enermax 535 watts SLI-Ready PSU
XP pro with SP2
Playing multiplayer games online and lan enabled untill the day we die.

What I think of the word Blog
Slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 02:21 PM   #24
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder
While the 203 is a legal weapon in the game, there was a certain dignity to not using it, or in other words its basically a weapon that requires no skill to use cause it just blows up anything within your desired target.
No skil to use it? Thats funny...maybe if you figured out how to use it, you realize takes just as much skil to be effective with this as any other of the weapons. Mind you there is a difference in blind kills and planned kills. There are many times a player can actually survive an M203 blast so its not as effective as you may think. It also has a wicked delay and slow flight speed so you have to guess where they are going to be when you fire it. I supose if I throw a nade and hit you its no skill as well?

Do you know that in a past interview John Mullins (the guy that this game is about) in RL prefers the M4/203 as his weapon of choice? Do you know that modern military use such combos because its an effective weapon.

But I understand that other people dont like them so Meh :P
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote