Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-04, 10:17 AM   #1
jzook

Default Suse 9.1 and Quadro FX1300

I'm new to Linux and could use some help...

My office purchased a Dell Precision 670 with the nVidia Quadro FX1300. I'm trying to setup a dual boot system with Windows XP and Suse 9.1 Professional.

I've read the doc linked from the driver download page as well several from Suse's site and from this forum.

Is the 1300 model actually supported under Suse 9.1?
If so, what is the process I need to go through to get the card working properly with dual head support?
If not, is there anything I can do to get by until it is officially supported?

Thanks for any help.

jzook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-04, 09:25 PM   #2
berrygr

Default Re: Suse 9.1 and Quadro FX1300

My company just purchased three of the Precision 670's and we need Linux installed. I am trying to get Mandrake 10.1 working. It installs perfectly but it will only detect and install the fbdev video drivers. I have tried to install the latest drivers from Nvidia but the installer fails and doesn't even complete the driver build.

If I do a

lspci

the output shows that the the PCI Xpress bus is recognized. It seems to know that there is a Nvidia card in the system but it doesn't know what kind it is, the output is

05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 00fd (rev a2)

If I try to run the generic drivers supplied by Mandrake they come back with the error that there is no Nvidia card installed in the system.

If someone knows a trick to get the drivers to run on this new card it would really be appreciated.

One thing to note: The fbdev drivers works well, it's just not accerated and I don't think it will do dual display.
berrygr is offline   Reply With Quote