Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-30-04, 04:34 AM   #1
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

Default Question About Raven Shield

Why aren't there any Raven Shield weapon mods? That was one of my favourite things about Rogue Spear: The NATO and Rooster mods. Yet I can't find a single one for Raven Shield. What's the deal?
Old 08-31-04, 08:19 PM   #2
Mike1357
lol wut?

Send a message via AIM to Mike1357 Send a message via MSN to Mike1357
Default Re: Question About Raven Shield

Mike1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 08:24 PM   #3
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

bah, it's because the weapon selection is actually good. actually, no. it's because in rogue spear, it's easy as hell to make weapons. in raven shield, however, it takes a lot more work and they are lazy asses. also keep in mind that rogue spear was out for quite some time before NATO came out. personally, however, i freakin hate NATO. lets hope if someone does make a weapon pack for raven shield they don't totally screw it up like nato did (no offense to you or anything for liking it). i knew the authors of NATO, they were freakin idiots.

btw, not often i see another rogue spear player... by any chance you ever play with GK_Kamel?
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 09:20 PM   #4
YOGIx213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1357
what a great pic. NOthing like getting caught with your pants down lol

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Intel E6750 @ 3.2
Asus P5N-E SLI Mobo
Kingston 2gb DDR2 pc6400Dual Channel Kit
Maxtor 500gb SATAII hd
eVGA 8800 GT 512mb (700/1750/955)
(Stock Air Fan)

3dMark 2006 Score: 12301
http://bf2s.com/player/yogix213/
YOGIx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-04, 11:17 PM   #5
Cheimison
Not Even Trying Anymore

"i knew the authors of NATO, they were freakin idiots."
NATO weapons made absolutely no sense, but I liked being able to pick up totally random weapons "Well, 10mm Les Baer and a GE Predator!"
Rooster mod was more realistic, and better in general.
And I understand like, weapon modeling has to be done, but considering that Raven Shield is just unreal I would figure someone could just grab some of the many Unreal weapon mods and do a little conversion work.

SWAT 3 had the easiest weapon modding I've ever seen. You just edited some numerical figures. I will never forget my Hellshooter (fully automatic shotgun that would shoot through the entire level)