Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-02, 12:05 AM   #1
bloodbob

Default Y Nvnews Is A Bunch Of Hypocrites

I was shocked when I loaded up the website to day and found a link to a review of Radeon card not because they are review other cards but because of how they or more precisely Mike C has backstab the video card community.

Kyle @ hardocp basiclly got screwed over by nvidia cause nvidia are a big company and can do almost whatever they feel like and other website have been screwed by them such as www.g256.com or as us old school peeps remeber as www.d128.net I believe meh doesn't matter. Well now mike C the enternal but kiss he is was nice enough to post something on the website.

Quote:
What really irritates me are those who think we make our benchmark results up and that we are biased. Unlike Riva 3D, nV News has no interest in reviewing any other graphics cards other than those from NVIDIA. That was a decision I made when I started this site over two years ago. Other than the graphics cards we get from NVIDIA, the rest of our expenses come from our own pockets. Brian Gray, Neil Yates, David Wood, and myself all have full-time jobs and families to support. Jonathan Martini is a full-time college student.
LOOKS LIKE U'VE LET DOWN THE COMMUNITY GUYS BACKSTABBING OTHER SITES JUST SO U CAN BE NUMBER ONE.
bloodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 12:18 AM   #2
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down

So what? These people have families they have to support, if they can get free hardware to review from nVIDIA, then its cool. Hmm... lemme see why they wouldn't really be interested in anything else, cuz they are a NV review site duh! If they were pro ATI all the way you think nVIDIA would be interested? Plus, if you read some posts here before you post crud, you'd see that there is in fact other cards being reviewed. You expect these people to take a big chunk out of their own personal budget to buy something to appease you? Doesn't work that way bud, and when they actually purchase something to review, you should be greatful, these people are doing this all out of their own pockets.

EDIT: I am a regular riva3d visitor and I don't see much of anything that they really come up with on their own, maybe once in a while, but usually they use other people's sources. Not saying that they suck or anything, but its totally stupid to drag out this argument.
Old 10-28-02, 12:27 AM   #3
bloodbob

Fans are willing to devote there time and money actually this wasn't about riva 3d this was more about kyle @ hardocp and they have heaps of stuff on there website and still the point of the fact is that supposedly mike had ethics that he was follow as he said this site would never review a card by another company which they have.

Quote:
Kyle over at HardOCP has a written an editorial on his dealings with NVIDIA. It's no secret that some web sites have not been getting the support that NVIDIA affiliate web sites are accustomed to which I think is unfortunate. If these incidents are being accurately reported, I hope whoever is at fault will offer an apology and take steps to rectify the situation.
To my knowledge they never apologised hopefully kyle will come and post here saying other wise pigs may fly backwards too.
Old 10-28-02, 12:33 AM   #4
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

So... why couldn't this be discussed privately? If it is such a big deal for you. Nobody here cares, this site delivers and is great. If you need to bash a website to feel good man or seem important, well, its not working. Sorry to say, but there was no need for your thread.
Old 10-28-02, 01:33 AM   #5
sbp

Default bleh-much ado about nothing

Times change.

Funny how a Radeon card review turns into an "nvidia is evil" bs.

"this was more about kyle @ limpocp" Its always about Pugsly Bennet. He's an ahole who will do anything for the [h]its. Maybe time should be spent on not p1ssing companies and others off. And talk about backstabbing other sites.

Last edited by sbp; 10-28-02 at 01:47 AM.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 02:27 AM   #6
StealthHawk

so nV News is reviewing the fastest cards available...what is wrong with that?

go crawl back under your blanket troll(amazing how many have spurted up since that review was posted)

wouldn't this be a topic more suited for the Feedback Forum anyway...?
Old 10-28-02, 03:26 AM   #7
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Indeed, shock horror. A Nvidia based website is reviewing Nvidia cards, what is this world coming to?!
Old 10-28-02, 03:28 AM   #8
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

ROTFLMAO @ Thread.

This is an Nvidia fansite not an Ati fansite ROTFLMAO!!!

Old 10-28-02, 04:46 AM   #9
bloodbob

yeah thats why they reviewed a ati card originally it wasn't even a nvidia fansite but I guess your all nooblas.
Old 10-28-02, 05:08 AM   #10
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I never read this thread cept Vamp's post (your post too much to read). So I replied to Vamp lolz
Old 10-28-02, 07:20 AM   #11
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Quote:
What really irritates me are those who think we make our benchmark results up and that we are biased. Unlike Riva 3D, nV News has no interest in reviewing any other graphics cards other than those from NVIDIA. That was a decision I made when I started this site over two years ago. Other than the graphics cards we get from NVIDIA, the rest of our expenses come from our own pockets. Brian Gray, Neil Yates, David Wood, and myself all have full-time jobs and families to support. Jonathan Martini is a full-time college student.
I cannot begin to tell you how many levels I find this quote intriguing on. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's...
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-02, 07:42 AM   #12
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Isn't this more of a feedback thread....?
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote